• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    I have a bunch of 3/8" and 1/2" plates and I beat my AR-500 with 1,000 to 1,200 bullets a week.

My Number One suggestion is to avoid sharp inside corners and other stress points that will lead to premature cracking. Other than surface damage from too much velocity too close, all other failures are related to the inside corner cuts. I would not make any inside corner with less than a 0.250" radius.
    I will keep this in mind when drawing them up . Thanks
    I would be interested in this as well. If its priced fairly. When will you have the pricing?
    Once i get a decent idea on sizes , i will submit them to the boss. Then he will figure out plate cost + cutting expense. Hopefully by mid week i will have something
    I agree. If you have a piece of equipment like that you should do something different than everyone else.

Also, since you have a fab shop it would be nice if you sold a solid frame to hold the targets too, or build them on some type of a stand that could be attached to something standard like a 2x4.
    Oh i can make any type of target stand imagined . I will look into portable plate hangers tho .
    For research check out the Steel on Wideners Web site, I have some of the Reduced Silow style that are Decent( 16.25" X 9" X .5"Thk). I would Buy more in that shape but a little larger .
    i will look into this .
    LOL, then tell Craig that his old college buddy Dave wants first crack at them!

Or I'll start telling stories about him....

Oh lord , i can only imagine . Will say this , i couldn't ask for a better boss . Craig is so laid back . I will make sure i reserve on for you tho :thumbsup:

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    You're better off producing standard steel targets, if your price is competitive. Guys that want steel crows and squirrels are not going to buy enough to support your business. 6", 8", 12", and 18" circles, and standard IPSC targets will sell. Silhouette's of various sizes are popular too. I work at a range, that's what we use.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Check out Shooting Target 7 for ideas and price comparisons. I just picked up 7 gongs from them. Would be interested in other shapes if the price is right.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Can I get one in the shape of my ex-wife? It would require A LOT of AR500 steel and be huge at the bottom and kinda huge on top.

Please let me know if you can do this.

Scarab :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom