• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Haven't purchased much this year, been trying to let the bank account recover a bit, but I stumbled across some good finds on Gunbroker this week that I just couldn't pass up. Wasn't looking for any of these, but hey not going to complain because the prices were right.

First win is a gorgeous Mauser HSc rig. Aside from a touch of wear to the high points near the muzzle the high polish finish is flawless, the photos don't even come close to doing it justice. The seller had this simply listed as an HSc compact .32, and made no mention whatsoever that it's actually a tough to find 1st variation Nazi Army HSc. The eagle/655 waffenamt suggested that it would likely be either a first/second variation gun...the auction photos were crappy but I "thought" I could make out an eagle/swastika army test proof on the left rear tang, indicating a first variation. Turns out I was right! As a bonus it came with two correct early Mauser banner marked mags and a salty holster (turns out it's marked C Heinichen 1918 so not original to the Mauser, but they have clearly been together a long time). I jumped at the buy it now of $499 as I knew it wouldn't last long at all at that price once others figured out what is was.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 451

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    #2 win of the week is a Nazi contract Astra 400. Got lucky on one of these last year and lightning struck twice! These are very tough to find, only 6k went to the Germans. Again, crappy auction picks made the SN unreadable, so I emailed the seller asking about the SN just on the off chance it fell into the Nazi contract range. Jackpot! Only two other bidders, and they stopped at what I would expect a standard, import marked 400 to go for. Got it for $285, just a fraction of what these usually go for. Condition isn't spectacular but these are so tough to find I'm not going to complain.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 519

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Last buy this week, just arrived a few minutes ago. Late war (1944) Beretta M1935 rig with two correct mags and a strange (commercial?) holster. 4/UT marked so it likely went to the Germans during the war. Seller had it listed as a model 1944 and didn't show any of the markings so it likely didn't get many views, and I took a stab at assuming it would end up being 4/UT marked which it is. I was the only bidder at $249.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 390
    Jul 1, 2012
    Good work on that Astra 400.
    I'm still searching for one, but not as diligently after the beating the bank account has taken so far this year :)

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    You have got to toss me some of that luck! I'm always on the prowl for good pick-ups. Currently in need of a good-shooting Lee Enfield No.4 or better.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    :thumbsup: Way cool acquisitions! What others have said.

Just bought a nice condition (90%+) 1935 Beretta myself recently for more than that without a holster and just 1 original mag and figured I did pretty decent.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Good job all around! Any decent 1935 4UT rig is selling for nearly 2x what you paid for yours. Ditto for the Astra.
    I'm shocked at how undervalued the HSc is vs the PP, PPk and 38h. Can't figure out why for the life of me. Not that I'm complaining as long as I'm in purchase and hold mode. Still on the hunt for a nice condition French post war HSc. So far all I've found the last couple of years look like they spent waaaay too much time in Indochine.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I see your finds follow a certain German Nazi era theme. If you're on Facebook there's a collector's forumn that I'm on "Mausers and Other German Firearms 1871-1945." I've learned a good deal and you get to see everybody's neat finds from all over. Let me know if you're interested. Nice finds!!!

-Whitey

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I see your finds follow a certain German Nazi era theme. If you're on Facebook there's a collector's forumn that I'm on "Mausers and Other German Firearms 1871-1945." I've learned a good deal and you get to see everybody's neat finds from all over. Let me know if you're interested. Nice finds!!!

-Whitey

Thanks, yeah trying to work my way through all the German-used pistols of WWII, making good progress and I'm starting to get down to the more rare/hard to find stuff now (and $$$$). Thanks for the tip on the FB group, I'm not currently on FB but seems I keep missing out on stuff like that so I will probably end up giving in at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom