• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    A little confused, I posted a for sale for a AK underfoler, WASR 10/63, received some inboxes from the admins about its not legal in Maryland to transfer, which I am fully aware of, not interested in jail or loosing my collection. I was told to correct the AD with the statement NOT FOR SALE IN MARYLAND of which I complied even though in the classified ads its states- *You are personally responsible for making sure that any transactions that occur do not violate any state or federal laws**.

Just curious about why the ad would be a problem considering not just Maryland residents frequent this board.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A little confused, I posted a for sale for a AK underfoler, WASR 10/63, received some inboxes from the admins about its not legal in Maryland to transfer, which I am fully aware of, not interested in jail or loosing my collection. I was told to correct the AD with the statement NOT FOR SALE IN MARYLAND of which I complied even though in the classified ads its states- *You are personally responsible for making sure that any transactions that occur do not violate any state or federal laws**.

Just curious about why the ad would be a problem considering not just Maryland residents frequent this board.

To sum it up, this is Maryland Shooters. You are offering it for sale in Maryland. That is not legal.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Yup all the above. There are other sites im sure you know. Gun broker, guns America, arms list , etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD

Your best bet might be GunBroker.com.

Lew--Ranger63

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Teratos -NO I did not offer for sale in Maryland..........what are you insane? why would I sell or attempt to sell an illegal weapon? Why would I want to go to jail or loose my own collection? Ive owned machine guns, other guns my entire life, well aware of all laws, not going to sacrifice all that for an AK........or any gun for that matter. BUT no problem......

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Teratos -NO I did not offer for sale in Maryland..........what are you insane? why would I sell or attempt to sell an illegal weapon? Why would I want to go to jail or loose my own collection? Ive owned machine guns, other guns my entire life, well aware of all laws, not going to sacrifice all that for an AK........or any gun for that matter. BUT no problem......

The law is a little fuzzy, some people interpret the law to mean that if you are physically in the state when you "offer to sell", you are breaking the law (even if you state that you are selling to out of state buyers)
    It is probably a case of just being overly cautious so as to not even have the appearance of breaking the law.
    Direct you anger towards Annapolis, it's their fault.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Im not angry at all to all reading this post. However if offering an illegal weapon (only in Maryland) for sale to anyone living out of Maryland is illegal ..................then that would be NEW to me. And honestly that would be silly, that would mean everyone living in Maryland with weapons that were owned legally before Awe Malley took over would be stuck with those same firearms for life.......

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    A refund of what? Listen I realize some of you are obviously not informed of the law and that certainly is obvious and others are "internet" brave and others actually are informed and helpful if the shoe fits wear it. Its not a big deal I posted a simple question about an AD.......too much drama for some grown men.......

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    It's all about appearances. It would be easy for anti's to paint MD Shooters as a black market for the sale of evil and illegal weapons if such ads were allowed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Owner and Site Staff are playing it safe and who can blame them? The site has been taken to court before and been threatened with lawsuits. These actions require legal representation and time from work even if they are unfounded. They are playing on the WAYsafe side of MD Law. Since MDS is in MD they are doing what they need to do to survive and stay off the radar.

There are other boards where you can post an AD like that but its not ok here. Its not personal.

Yes, there are other legal views on this, but MDS is not a democracy, its Private Property and thus they can make any files they wish.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    When SB281 was passed, the forum masters put out a notice that said any firearm or accessory banned for sale or purchase in MD cannot be in the classifieds. Period. Doesn't matter if you say it isn't for sale here. Banned firearm or magazine.... Not to be posted in classifieds.

Truthfully if you keep making a big deal about it I don't see you being here very long. It's happened to a lot of people. This is a great forum with great people and Mods. Don't get banned from it. Post your AK on armslist and enjoy it here.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    On the other hand I see offers to transfer banned mags out of state all the time. Isn't that the same thing? know the rules so don't need any directions to them BTW, which is why my banned guns have gone on GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom