• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    My caller showed a 410 number, but no name.

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    My initial number was a 410-486-(not going to post last 4) number. No name popped up (never does on my cell), but reverse phone look-up shows it as a land line in Pikesville (where my interviewing trooper is based out of).

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks guys. I usually don't answer blocked id's at home. I have been getting numerous robocalls from the GOP for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping I didn't miss the MSP call.

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    I had missed a call from the 410-486 on my cell phone and called it back but the person who answered said it is the number that shows up for all calls from there and there was no way of knowing who had called me. It was the MSP that answered.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Good information on phone calls..My wife and I dont answer blocked phone
    calls either. especially now with GOP robo calls. anoying to say the least.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Looks like the Sgt that called me was calling from his cell. And the voicemail just had his first name. Sounds like hes doing the interview "after hours" from his regular duty. He just called and said he is just getting off work, and teaches a class in the morning, and will call me when hes done showering, and changing after his class.... so I guess the Sgt doing my interview is pretty busy.

quartermiles10

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2012
    I'm not one to stir the hornets' nest. I have nothing to hide, but why bring a spotlight, I suppose...

If they're just holding them until guidance is received (either for non-disapproval or otherwise:D) for en masse processing, I'm OK with that. Patience, I got.

They wasted no time cashing my check! The least they could do is get the interview done and out of the way while I am currently unemployed. My availability won't last forever. The worst thing you want to say to a new employer is hey boss I know I just started this job, but can I take a day off to interview with the MSP for a CCW permit. My time is as valuable to me as my check is as valuable to them. Of course if I hit the Mega Millions tonight I will have all the time and money in the world.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    A Trooper from the Easton barracks called my 3 references on 04/03/12 and then called my wife on 04/04/12 (called me to get her contact numbers).

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Update on time:

3/12/12 - Submitted application
    3/13/12 - Application received
    3/20/12 - Check cashed
    4/9/12 - Call from MSP - Bel Air barracks (closest to me) - Trooper set up a time to meet face to face. Said any day this week was fine. I scheduled it for Wednesday April 11th. I asked if phone or in person was an option. He said only face to face meetings. He also said that I should bring any documentation supporting carrying cash or threats - I said my reason was self defense - he said ok.
    4/9/12 - My reference (at least one) was called today. The topics of the call are below:

Substance abuse
    domestic abuse
    temper
    would I trust him with a gun
    describe his demeanor
    how long have I known him
    does he drink socially, constantly…..

More to follow after the interview.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Got my call from a trooper from the Bel Air barracks today. He seemed a little stiff at first, but when he realized what a nice, friendly guy I am, he loosened up a bit. We set up a meeting for next Tuesday, April 17 for our interview.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    mr h said:
    Just curious... has anyone successfully changed an in-person interview call into a phone interview?

Trooper I spoke to yesterday said phone interviews were not an option. I did not question that at this point over the phone!

DPRO556

Mar 4, 2012
    I updated post #28 with the following

3/7 did prints VIA live-scan .

3/8 I sent the packet in for delivery on 3/9.

Check cashed on 3/13

4/10 I received a call from a Trooper at the nearest barracks, and went in for an interview.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I updated post #28 with the following

3/7 did prints VIA live-scan .

3/8 I sent the packet in for delivery on 3/9.

Check cashed on 3/13

4/10 I received a call from a Trooper at the nearest barracks, and went in for an interview.

How did this go? What were you asked that was different from the phone call interviews that were made? What was the demeanor of the interview?

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Livescan Done - 3/22
    Application mailed - 3/22
    Rcvd Ltr in the mail from CJIS stating that my MD check was good - 3/23
    Check cashed - 3/28
    Rcd Ltr from CJIS stating that my FBI fingerprints were rejected (need redone) - 3/30
    Got my Livescan FBI prints redone/resent - 4/2

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    4/9/12 - My reference (at least one) was called today. The topics of the call are below:

Substance abuse
    domestic abuse
    temper
    would I trust him with a gun
    describe his demeanor
    how long have I known him
    does he drink socially, constantly…..

Jeez, I don't know about these questions. I included a local LEO that I've known for around 15 years now (since he was a kid) as one of my references. I'm not sure how far he would be able to go with commenting on my alcohol consumption though.....?

And, whats the point? Isn't alcohol still a legal drug?

DPRO556

Mar 4, 2012
    How did this go? What were you asked that was different from the phone call interviews that were made? What was the demeanor of the interview?

The Trooper was pretty casual and friendly, and the questions were not as invasive as some have been asked. I posted details in the Interview thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom