• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    He earned it.

Yes he did. I was at the polls for him on election day with his yard sign and waved to people coming in to vote. The D's supporters that were out there also said they were planning to vote for him in the general. A few D's who came in/out said they would vote for him also. Other sign wavers on election day said they had the same experience I did.

With that said, its very easy to sit at the polls on election day and wave signs/hand out literature. All the other sign wavers and I at my polling place got to talking. We had a good time. I brought a folding lawn chair, others did too or they went and got one and came back. One guy brought a radio. It was fun day and its easy to do.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The wife and I just spent about 90 minutes talking with Larry Barber.

Wonderful guy, very interested in helping us reclaim the state and fix the issues, but I have concerns.

Not about his ideals and goals, or his beliefs in what needs to happen. We're solid, there. He would be a true "Citizen Legislator", and would definitely be committed to the people's needs.

I fear he is behind the curve on the state of things, and isn't yet prepared to not only battle DeGrange, but should he win and take office.

If Larry is going to have a shot, he will need all the help he can get, and people to advise him on campaigning and the how the Sausage Factory works.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    You are very observant. I like Larry a lot, but ... I'm picking my battles. I will help Larry if he asks, but not at the expense of someone I am confident in. Plus DeGrange is a machine with over $250k in the bank and he is not the easiest person to beat.

Mr H

Banana'd
    You are very observant. I like Larry a lot, but ... I'm picking my battles. I will help Larry if he asks, but not at the expense of someone I am confident in. Plus DeGrange is a machine with over $250k in the bank and he is not the easiest person to beat.

At this point, IMO, the most direct way to beat DeGrange is going to be to try and hang enough anchors around his neck--publicly--that there will be no way he can explain them all away.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    At this point, IMO, the most direct way to beat DeGrange is going to be to try and hang enough anchors around his neck--publicly--that there will be no way he can explain them all away.

What would those anchors be? His treachery with FSA is great for is, but isn't going to mobilize the masses because (a) they don't care as much, and (b) it takes too long to explain. So what can we use against him?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Have finally received a response from Mark Angell...

1. Please summarize in a few sentences your position on the proper role of State Government under the US and Maryland Constitutions.

My summary is simple. The government's is to secure an infrastructure, a military to protect our citizens, and reinforce contracts between private citizens. The state would do the same only you would have police protecting inside to borders not military. I have been reading over the Maryland Constitution, and even though there specific rules, I am not reading a lot of restrictions on their part either. Today's government, federal to local, is overstepping it intended bounds.

2. As a property owner, I am interested in your position on the so-called "Rain Tax", and why you feel it is/is not appropriate.

The argument was to increase funds to spend on offsetting the storm water runoff. There already was a tax that covered it. The "Rain Tax" is doubling down on something you already pay for. If money is needed to be raised, then explain it, but don't insult the public by taxing them twice. According to the progression of Maryland progress report on the state's website. We are ahead of schedule on cleanup. Why are they raising it? Because funds that that money goes to gets moved out later to fund something else. It's all in black and white. I would repeal the tax and think I would get support for it.

3. Do you support or oppose the Firearms Safety Act of 2013? Please provide an explanation of your position.

I oppose this act. This act has no direct influence on stopping criminals. At best they have more things to charge someone after they shoot or rob you. Laws like this can make everyday people into criminals just by the wave of a pen. It was when this Act was passed that I looked into local government. The way it was handled, when the Maryland public clearly did not want, it was apparent there are people in office who do not care about the people who live.

4. Do you believe Marylanders have a natural right to self-protection, and if so would that right include the carry of concealed firearms outside the home?

I do believe everyone has the right to defend themselves. If you choose to carry a weapon to do so then you should safe to protect yourself. I will also be the first to say that whatever you choose to use, it is your responsibility to know how to use it. It's called a weapon for a reason. To have a qualification course to prove you know how to operate a firearm I would also support. Not just for firearms but for all personal protection rights will be one thing at my forefront when in Annapolis.

5. Will you support or oppose the planned referendum to repeal the "Fairness for all Marylanders" bill (aka "Bathroom Bill"). Again, a brief explanation would be helpful.

The problem with this bill was it needs to be written better. A bill to protect everyone in Maryland from discrimination is a good thing. To leave an obvious loophole that can be used by someone who it is not intended for, because how would we know until after an act has been committed. I will say it publicly. I have no problem with transgender, my opinion is to each their own, but for the bathroom, go through the door that matches the body you are in.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not really 32, but still a response. This one from Steve Schuh...

Thank you for your questions.
    1. The state government is sovereign but is subordinate to the federal
    government.

Comment: really a non-answer IMO

2. Anne Arundel County's rain tax was a gross overreaction to the state requirement that the counties repair their crumbling storm pipes. I support the state bill but believe the county bill was unnecessary. I have proposed a cut in the property tax to eliminate the financial effects of the county's rain tax.

A tap-dance, and might have to push back on that

3. I oppose Martin O'Malley's gun bill and fought it vigorously on the floor of the house.

4. Yes, I believe the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right. I have proposed legislation in the General Assembly to allow people to carry firearms.

5. The bathroom bill was an overreach. While I believe that everyone should be protected from discrimination in employment and housing, and do not believe that men wearing dresses should be allowed to use the ladies room.

Well, so much for the field trip, huh??!!:D

Thank you for your support. I also appreciate your willingness to install a yard sign.

Thank you.
    Steve

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Mark called me last night, and we had a good chat.

We'll talk more Thursday evening, but so far I like what I'm hearing.

He will definitely need people behind him (well, they all will), and is learning as he goes.

How did you talk on Thursday go?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Had a really good and productive talk with Mark Angell last evening. Before we knew it we'd been talking well over 2 hours!

Mark is young, bright, determined, and energetic.

Very much a pro-2A guy, willing to learn about the fight we have (and has already been digging into it a bit).

He's very much interested in getting the D32 stranglehold loosened (if not eliminated), and we were very much in agreement on how (and how much) it can happen.

We talked 2A, taxes, education, and the needed return of MD to Constitutional principles. The lack of transparency is bothersome in Analpolis, and I feel he's interested in making that a priority (within whatever limitations a Freshman might have to work).

I would encourage folks to communicate with him (and the others) directly, and to determine how you might be willing to support him (them).

On an extended note...

Anyone who has ideas, venues, or resources for gatherings so that the candidates can make themselves better known to the voters (Meet-n-Greets, forums, 'Town Hall' meetings, etc), I'm sure they would be welcomed.

One more thing...

Any contributions to these candidates will go a long way toward any possible success. Not just dollars (though I'm sure those will be sorely needed), but manpower for canvassing, sign-waving, glad-handing, etc.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Support for Change

All - The three current Republican Delegate candidates are the answer against Sen. DeGrange. If we replace 2 of the 3 Delegates Sen. DeGrange will have to start voting more honestly with his party as he will no longer be able to hide behind the Delegates. It is really that simple.

NOW is the time to mobilize behind us and make our voices heard. I need forums to speak at. If several people are willing to open up their homes I have volunteers that will set up everything, manage the event and even clean up when we are done. The only impact to the home sponsor is opening up their home or back yard and gathering like minded people or folks on the fence. This is the heart of grass roots that I hear people talk about. NOW is the time to do it.

Please feel free to contact me and I will speak with any or all of you. As always it takes donations to run a campaign and volunteers to assist in the work of getting the message out. Please contact me or go to my website (waltersdistrict32@gmail.com) and volunteer/donate. Thanks.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    2A Campaign Assistance

All - I am requesting your support again to stop the tide of government infringement on our rights.

I am having a fundraiser on Sunday, 27 July from 3-5PM. It is at the Center of Town Banquet Hall, 2301 Dorsey Road, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061 (just behind BWI). Tickets are 1 for $50 and 2 for $85. The guest speaker is Delegate and Anne Arundel County Executive Candidate Steve Schuh. We will have a great time. Our goal is 100 people in attendance.

I am also looking for people who would like to sponsor the event. This means you donate $500 and will try and sell 10 tickets to friends, family or co-workers.

I will also be having another fundraiser in Aug and am working with Governor Candidate Larry Hogan on being the guest speaker.

As all candidates I am need of funds to pay for signs, mailers, flyers, fund raisers, etc. I also need volunteers for a variety of items. Attached is the fundraiser flyer.

To be clear I am pro 2A. I have been endorsed by the Capital Gazette, Delegate and Minority Leader Nic Kipke, Delegate James Rzepkowski, and several Anne Arundel County Central Committee board members. Now IS your chance to make a difference.

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters

Attachments

• tim walters birthday party, july 27[1].pdf
      356.2 KB · Views: 90

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    All - I am requesting your support again to stop the tide of government infringement on our rights.

I am having a fundraiser on Sunday, 27 July from 3-5PM. It is at the Center of Town Banquet Hall, 2301 Dorsey Road, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061 (just behind BWI). Tickets are 1 for $50 and 2 for $85. The guest speaker is Delegate and Anne Arundel County Executive Candidate Steve Schuh. We will have a great time. Our goal is 100 people in attendance.

I am also looking for people who would like to sponsor the event. This means you donate $500 and will try and sell 10 tickets to friends, family or co-workers.

I will also be having another fundraiser in Aug and am working with Governor Candidate Larry Hogan on being the guest speaker.

As all candidates I am need of funds to pay for signs, mailers, flyers, fund raisers, etc. I also need volunteers for a variety of items. Attached is the fundraiser flyer.

To be clear I am pro 2A. I have been endorsed by the Capital Gazette, Delegate and Minority Leader Nic Kipke, Delegate James Rzepkowski, and several Anne Arundel County Central Committee board members. Now IS your chance to make a difference.

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

Citizens for Tim Walters

Tim,
    I'm attending and have sent about a dozen invitations to personal friends. I've also PM'ed another small group of folks from this forum that probably didn't get your invite. Will send you a PM.

Looking forward to seeing you again this Sunday, and happy B-day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom