• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    What would you all say is the cheapest place to buy 45ACP ammo? I have a WalMart down the road from me, and I also live near Whitemarsh Arms. Wasn't sure if you all knew of a website that sells this stuff for cheap....

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    What would you all say is the cheapest place to buy 45ACP ammo? I have a WalMart down the road from me, and I also live near Whitemarsh Arms. Wasn't sure if you all knew of a website that sells this stuff for cheap....

I'm a fan of buying ammo at Walmart. I've have pretty good luck with 9mm and .380 ACP. You can also try www.ammoengine.com which searches a bunch of other web sites for the best prices.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Owings Mills walmart had 100 round boxes of winchester for 32.97 a few days ago. I believe I saw a sign that said 3 box limit on ammunition there.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Owings Mills walmart had 100 round boxes of winchester for 32.97 a few days ago. I believe I saw a sign that said 3 box limit on ammunition there.

That WalMart sucks. No one is ever around in sporting goods, and even when paged, they never come. Waited 20 minutes last Friday until I finally said F*** it and went to whitemarsh arms for some 22 mag, spent double but at least I got the ammo...

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    You have to decide if you want to use steel cased ammo. Many will chime in and say "NO!!!" or "it's OK", but you must choose. Steel isn't reloadable, it can be harder on some parts, maybe. Most of that ammo has a polymer coating that may build up in the chamber. You trade a cheaper round for more cleaning time.

I leave that choice to you. People have been buying and shooting that stuff now for many years. (at least 8 years that I know of)

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Well I know people that use steel ammo for their AK's, SKS's and etc. and don't have any big issue. Steel isn't a problem. I don't mind cleaning it.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    It is commonly accepted behavior on forums to bump a slightly older thread (i.e. a week or two) and add to the discussion. Often times you won't need to add to it, as all the questions you may have are already posed and answered elaborately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom