• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    best cheap plinking stuff to get for a new shooter using an xd(m)-9 and best site to order for cheap from. american eagle or wolf? should i look more for win white box orrrrr.....

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    oh, also apologies for being the 50 billionth thread on this, i'm too busy with the ravens game and jenni visiting to look up the website that listed the top 10 cheapest sites online to buy from that someone posted on here. didnt know if anyone had an xdm and knew of that cheap stuff shot the best

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    oh, also apologies for being the 50 billionth thread on this, i'm too busy with the ravens game and jenni visiting to look up the website that listed the top 10 cheapest sites online to buy from that someone posted on here. didnt know if anyone had an xdm and knew of that cheap stuff shot the best

Really want to be an SOB and tell you to search, but since you are such a nice guy and all..

go wwb.

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    best cheap plinking stuff to get for a new shooter using an xd(m)-9 and best site to order for cheap from. american eagle or wolf? should i look more for win white box orrrrr.....

Sellier & Bellot...115 grain, fmj. Under $12 a box of 50 from cabela's and the freight can be free if you have a coupon. I've shot a couple of boxes...shoots pretty clean, much cleaner than white box or...ugh...wolf.

S&B was the "test ammo" CZ used to test fire my new Shadow.

Derek1320

Nov 10, 2009
    Haha, I came on here TO BE DISTRACTED from this freakin Ravens game.

WWB is a great value at 20 cents a click. I haven't been able to come by it either at Walmart as of late.

Buckhorn

Rifleman
    Apr 25, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I've had problems with Fiocchi in my XD9. Fiocchi has a reputation for having "hard" primers, which results in failures to fire. Not unusual to have 6 or so FTFs out of 100 rounds.

I've done a lot of online research looking for 9mm ammo that's a reliable brand, not overpriced and in stock. It's definitely hard to find, online anyway.

I placed an order at Midway in July for 500 rounds of WWB, backordered but with delivery estimated at 8/31. Delivery kept being delayed, and settled at 11/15 for a while. Latest estimated delivery is March 16, 2010. I gave up and cancelled the order. Ended up getting 1000 rounds from www.ammoman.com -- a little more expensive than I'd like, but then it was delivered in about three days.

www.gun-deals.com is a good place to start your research. Expect to find "out of stock" for much of the good stuff.

Also check www.ammoman.com, which I don't see listed at gun-deals. They seem to deal in odd lots, but worth checking occasionally.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    thanks guys, especially you buckhorn and jer. jenni's up visiting and wants to pick up some ammo for her brother for christmas and i haven't even tried to look for 9mm in a while so figured i'd ask. thank god the ravens are finally winning 13-0. man they need to figure out how to be the team in the first 3 games again.

Derek1320

Nov 10, 2009
    If you make it up to Bel Air anytime, Dicks had a bunch of WWB this past weekend...

Which store? I'm going up to Rocks State Park tomorrow and WWB is definitely detour worthy. I know there are stores in North East, Abingdon, and Aberdeen.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    the website that listed the top 10 cheapest sites online to buy from that someone posted on here.

9mm%20Luger.png

Stealth Pants

Nov 19, 2009
    I would recomend finding the nearest Walmarts around you and making it a habit of visiting them often. I suggest the win white box as it is cheap and reliable(so far for me). Theres alot of people hitting the Walmarts all the time so its pretty much luck whenver you find ammo. Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom