• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    That is a great price BUT I checked and it falls under the other problem. Sold out. Everywhere is either sold out or uncomfortably high in cost. :mad54:
    http://ltdammo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11_19_23

I'm afraid my next pistol purchase will be based on readily available ammo at a decent cost.

It was available when I posted it... :innocent0

Scottsdale has Magtech for $349/1000 but the shipping to MD is going to kill you... They want $37 just to ship it from AZ to CO. :mad54:

I empathize with you on prices. That's why I just bought a 9mm over the weekend. Also ordered 1000 rounds from ltd ammo last night.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    It was available when I posted it... :innocent0

Scottsdale has Magtech for $349/1000 but the shipping to MD is going to kill you... They want $37 just to ship it from AZ to CO. :mad54:

I empathize with you on prices. That's why I just bought a 9mm over the weekend. Also ordered 1000 rounds from ltd ammo last night.

.45 are basically $0.50 a shot :tdown:

My 7mm rounds are now a few cents under 2 bucks a piece.

AND ITS SO NICE OUT!

As soon as I get more, it will be clouds and rain....or winter.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    I think a member here runs this site: http://gun-deals.com/ammo It's served me very well over the last year or two.

That'd be me :o

As for the question. Start calling around to Wal-Mart and Dick's if you want it locally without needing lube.
    45%20ACP.png

64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    That'd be me :o

As for the question. Start calling around to Wal-Mart and Dick's if you want it locally without needing lube.
    45%20ACP.png

Dick's just raised their prices a few weeks ago. Rem .45 is now $25/50 (up from $20) -- at least here in CO.

I can get the Magtech delivered to me for about $.39/round. Not great, but the best deal going right now for brass.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    Dick's just raised their prices a few weeks ago. Rem .45 is now $25/50 (up from $20) -- at least here in CO.

I can get the Magtech delivered to me for about $.39/round. Not great, but the best deal going right now for brass.

The prices from the chart come from users. Feel free to go to the site and correct and add whatever you wish :)

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    I miss the $19.97/100 WWB 9mm :sad20:

I bought the last 2 boxs of Federation 9mm for $9.97/50 from wal-mart on Friday. So it's not that bad. The only problem is no bulk anymore. I got lucky. They also have a "Sport Line" which is $16-19/50 depending which wal-mart. Crazy price for 9mm fmj. (higher grain but still not worth it)

Got_Glock

Old School
    Jan 16, 2010
    Charles County
    Wal-Mart in La Plata got a shipment in today. I bought 6 boxes of the Winchester 100 rounds. About 8 more left. It has gone up $23.97/box. They had 1 box of the 100/.45 $32.97. And plenty of the Federal 550/.22 rounds, Thunderbolt Bricks & CCI. And some .223 (not sure of price)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I think the ammo companies have never heard of economies of scale. Most likely on purpose, that load of BS about 1-3 yrs for .45 because of gov't contracts is the perfect example.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I think the ammo companies have never heard of economies of scale. Most likely on purpose, that load of BS about 1-3 yrs for .45 because of gov't contracts is the perfect example.

What gov agencys/departments are using .45? I thought they mainly used 9mm and .40 as calibers of choice.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    What gov agencys/departments are using .45? I thought they mainly used 9mm and .40 as calibers of choice.

I remember my friend talking about it, he is entering the academy for the State Police. Said something about the police switching or using .45 more. Don't quote me on that, I would have to ask him again seeing how I was distracted looking at the Barrett at Mt. Airy gunshack and not fully listening to him.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Wal-Mart in La Plata got a shipment in today. I bought 6 boxes of the Winchester 100 rounds. About 8 more left. It has gone up $23.97/box. They had 1 box of the 100/.45 $32.97. And plenty of the Federal 550/.22 rounds, Thunderbolt Bricks & CCI. And some .223 (not sure of price)

Yea, 1 box of .45. $32.97 is an amazing price, but even the websites I've been looking at are mostly all sold out, or west cost with crazy hike in shipping :sad20:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Guys...

If you shoot regularly...
    If you have the space...
    If you have reasonable intelligence...
    and
    If you have 30 mins a week.

Ya gotta start reloading.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Guys...

If you shoot regularly...
    If you have the space...
    If you have reasonable intelligence...
    and
    If you have 30 mins a week.

Ya gotta start reloading.

I have all 4. Wheres the beginners guide? lol

I was looking through the Reloading threads, seems like no one could agree on a good setup for beginner, single stage or progressive.

Any suggestions or links?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom