• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The website just comes up as a blank page. I presume this is SLSC ?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    looked 100% full when I checked the other day, maybe someone did or will cancel.

They posted on Friday that if you came and helped set up the bays for the match they'd give you a slot and a free match. So I got up this morning and headed to Quantico to participate in the set up, so now I get to shoot there tomorrow :D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    They posted on Friday that if you came and helped set up the bays for the match they'd give you a slot and a free match. So I got up this morning and headed to Quantico to participate in the set up, so now I get to shoot there tomorrow :D

good deal, most of the ranges offer some sort of concession to shooters that come out to help set up/tear down. good luck.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well, that was interesting. I shot this with my CZ-75B, which I haven't used in 3 years. I placed 21 out of 23 in the Production Division with a match percentage of 18.489%. I have no idea how this actually works. Everything else I've shot is time-plus. Not bad as a warmup for next week, assuming I can get a slot at Peacemaker for the 3-gun match. I'll have my Para ready for that.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I placed 21 out of 23 in the Production Division with a match percentage of 18.489%. I have no idea how this actually works. Everything else I've shot is time-plus. .

uspsa is basically your target points divided by your time on that stage (so points per second). the best shooter gets 100% of the target points for that stage and everyone else gets a % of that based on their points/second (hit factor) as a percentage of the best shooter. then the points for each stage are added up and also shown as a % of the winner. because your time is in the denominator, time is very important but of course accuracy matters also.

registration is and has been open for peacemaker's 3 gun next weekend, have at it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Comtac. Email them.. They probably can answer better.

Their response:

"Good Morning,

I really don’t make anything in the international that will work for that pistol. You might try a holster for the STI Edge. But I have no way of guaranteeing that.

Thank you,

David Wisby"

Looks like I'll have to go with Blade-Tech. I picked up another Serpa for my Para and modded the holster some to make it work. I'll have to order the Blade-Tech next month.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Their response:

"Good Morning,

I really don’t make anything in the international that will work for that pistol. You might try a holster for the STI Edge. But I have no way of guaranteeing that.

Thank you,

David Wisby"

Looks like I'll have to go with Blade-Tech. I picked up another Serpa for my Para and modded the holster some to make it work. I'll have to order the Blade-Tech next month.
    Comptec is limited on holster. Good product If you have the gun they sell holster for. Lol

Blade tech has more selection as far as gun models.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    In case anyone was wondering, I shot this past weekend at Quantico. Again, volunteered setup and got to shoot for free. I ordered and received a competition belt from Midway and got it the Saturday before the match. The Serpa worked fine, but I should really get mag holders specifically for this belt. The Blackhawk! mag holders didn't have a big enough gap to really grip the belt. Looks like another order to Midway is in order.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    you really don't want/need a serpa for uspsa as it slows your draw time a little. for 2/3 gun where you need retention, sure. I haven't shopped around much, but blade tech mag holders with teklok work great for me, they have spacers you can add/remove depending on belt width. and zero complaints with bladetech doh with asr belt loop for handguns.

also check out brianenos.com. some guy was just asking about best belt/holster/pouches for uspsa so lots of advice there.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    you really don't want/need a serpa for uspsa as it slows your draw time a little. for 2/3 gun where you need retention, sure. I haven't shopped around much, but blade tech mag holders with teklok work great for me, they have spacers you can add/remove depending on belt width. and zero complaints with bladetech doh with asr belt loop for handguns.

also check out brianenos.com. some guy was just asking about best belt/holster/pouches for uspsa so lots of advice there.

I had to use what was available. I'm waiting on my Bladetech, which is will get here at the end of next month.

mgrs

Nov 30, 2013
    I had to use what was available. I'm waiting on my Bladetech, which is will get here at the end of next month.

What divisions are you planning to shoot? From your posts, sounds like SS, Production, and limited. I like to stick with one at a time. Stage execution and planning is very different especially between limited and SS.

For SS I just use a Blade Tech with the standard belt attachment. Keeps the front grip strap above the belt line and holds the gun close enough.

Production I use a blade tech body with Stoeger BOSS hanger. The standard blade tech DOH cants the grip outboard a fair amount actually placed the gun more than 2" from my pants line at the grip.

Ghost Stinger is the smoothest draw I have tried for a production legal holster.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    What divisions are you planning to shoot? From your posts, sounds like SS, Production, and limited. I like to stick with one at a time. Stage execution and planning is very different especially between limited and SS.

For SS I just use a Blade Tech with the standard belt attachment. Keeps the front grip strap above the belt line and holds the gun close enough.

Production I use a blade tech body with Stoeger BOSS hanger. The standard blade tech DOH cants the grip outboard a fair amount actually placed the gun more than 2" from my pants line at the grip.

Ghost Stinger is the smoothest draw I have tried for a production legal holster.

I'm shooting Limited Major in USPSA pistol only. I'm shooting Limited in Steel Challenge and Tactical Optics in 3-Gun with a different pistol.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    uspsa is basically your target points divided by your time on that stage (so points per second). the best shooter gets 100% of the target points for that stage and everyone else gets a % of that based on their points/second (hit factor) as a percentage of the best shooter. then the points for each stage are added up and also shown as a % of the winner. because your time is in the denominator, time is very important but of course accuracy matters also.

registration is and has been open for peacemaker's 3 gun next weekend, have at it.
    To do really good in USPSA you need to use the Peter Hoyle shooting formula.:)
    And by that I mean if you can get around 80-90% of the max points shooting as fast as you can humanly do it you will easily beat anyone who tries to get every single point. And I mean if every target has one A and one C hit you are doing it correctly because if you take time to get 2 A hits your time divider will almost always be worse than the guy who goes really fast and only worries about getting the first hit as an A. There is a fine training regimen to tune this to get the max out of it. This an an addendum to the gaming aspects of USPSA/IPSC. This can get you a high B low A ranking really fast if you have any skills at all. Still as you rise up in ranking the guys in the M/GM categories can usually shoot really fast and still get 95% of the possible points. So at that point you need to get more speed and accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom