• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Although their choices seemed odd or flowed very strangely, I do find it astounding the Article was done at all.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I was not surprised to see the AR-15 listed but notably missing was a 12 gauge shotgun and a 1911.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    good range of guns in that.

The only one that confused me was the S&W Model 41. 22lr for a "home defense" weapon?

lol wut

If it's all you have. Many better choices for HD at less than half the price.

No shotgun surprised me the most.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I think the Times just likes to pretend they are gun guys to piss off Post readers.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Ability to conceal and limited magazine size should never be a concern with a home defense weapon.

Seriously, if you are considering a S&W 9mm pistol for HD, why would anyone choose a compact M&P Shield (8+1) over a full size 5906 (15+1)?

Odd choices in this group indeed, no 12g short barrel shotguns (my choice) listed at all.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    I would not use my CCW gun for home defense. It would either be my AR or a full size gun preferably one that has a light attachment. Also, whats that weird sight on the Tavor???

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    #4 is a .22? Another bs article.

Haven't read the article, but no .22 lr should ever be on a HD list, unless you don't value your life. I'd add a Colt King Cobra .357 4" wheel gun and a Weatherby Grim Reaper 12 gauge, 18.5" to the list. I also like a Quality Hardware M1 Carbine and a Colt AR-15 16" as backups and for the longer shots.

Lew--Ranger63

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    In addition to no shotguns, not a single revolver. I think I'll take a sturdy .357 or 12 ga over a .22 any day.

Ditto. I advised an individual a few months ago about choosing a HD piece. He was concerned about recoil if his wife ever had to use it. Told him to go with a .40 caliber or larger and to get her to the range and shoot one so she'd know what to expect.

Better a sore wrist than a wounded perp trying to take out the wife.

Lew--Ranger63

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Way to many guns that would be better suited for concealed carry as primary use vice home defense. Also, as others have mentioned no revolvers. I think that is a good choice for a novice shooter in terms of reliability and simplicity. Same with a simple pump action shotgun.

Impressed they did article, not impressed with limited category of guns and I think they missed the mark on number of pistols with a more primary purpose of concealed carry.

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Here is my list of 21 best guns. :patriot:

291_rystad_salute.jpg

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Yup. This article appears to be written by a 14-year-old who got a subscription to "Guns and Ammo" for his birthday. They need to retract this "article" and rename it, "21 Really Cool Guns I Like".

This is not an article. Just cut&paste adcopy from some catalog. Some of the guns aren't even on the market.
    It is called click-bait and is designed to create display opportunities for their advertising network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom