• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Actually I did attempt to followup on requesting the information and went as far as speaking to the lawyer for the handgun review board, but life got in the way.

I am interested in how you obtained the information.

Feel free to post to the thread for all to benefit, or PM.

I am actually interested to see if anything was actually discussed about my application.

An informal review is the 1st step after a denial. If you went directly to the review board, you skipped a step. I am in the midst of this very process and have been given very specific information as to how to proceed in order to maximize my opportunities to reverse my decision.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Actually I did attempt to followup on requesting the information and went as far as speaking to the lawyer for the handgun review board, but life got in the way.

I am interested in how you obtained the information.

Feel free to post to the thread for all to benefit, or PM.

I am actually interested to see if anything was actually discussed about my application.

Also, keep in mind that the handgun permit review board is made of civilian appointees. At this point, all O'Malley appointees. It will take some time for Hogan to replace them. A list of the members of the review board and when their terms expire may be beneficial.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    An informal review is the 1st step after a denial. If you went directly to the review board, you skipped a step. I am in the midst of this very process and have been given very specific information as to how to proceed in order to maximize my opportunities to reverse my decision.

Nope. Requested informal review. Meet with Knaub and got Knaubed.
    Then requested formal review. Actually requested twice because I followed the timeline and I requested formal review via certified mail, Did not hear anything for 5months, requested again via certified mail asking what the situation is. Waiting another 6month and got the letter saying "We(review board) met without you. Denied.".

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Nope. Requested informal review. Meet with Knaub and got Knaubed.
    Then requested formal review. Actually requested twice because I followed the timeline and I requested formal review via certified mail, Did not hear anything for 5months, requested again via certified mail asking what the situation is. Waiting another 6month and got the letter saying "We(review board) met without you. Denied.".

Lawyer up. Seems to me the process was f'ed up seriously. I would keep all documentation and in the near future request a permit at no additional fees. Let the MSP bear the cost of your fingerprinting and new background check.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Does Maryland publish statistics on number of applications and denials? Seems to be many getting Knaub'd. Will be interesting to see the effect of ex-delegate grease Mr. Montoya applied..

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Does Maryland publish statistics on number of applications and denials? Seems to be many getting Knaub'd. Will be interesting to see the effect of ex-delegate grease Mr. Montoya applied..

I think the last one I saw was included with a report done in relation to the impact of Woollard. It's on here somewhere, but of course now outdated. Another place to find already assembled statistics may be in the MSP's budget request, or a Legislative Services audit of MSP, both of which may be found with google foo.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Of the two, Miller is more likely to play than Busch.

I have spoken to miller and had a lot of email correspondence with him about 2a matters. he is , in my opinion, whole heartedly anti and even though he is in a leadership position if you press him he will just cut you off with the old "you are not in my district" bull. I would like to think he would deal but I seriously doubt it. I do hope you are right. I also hope to hit the lottery one day and I believe both events have the same chance of happening.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know about that. He is just doing what he has been told and trained to do. He has very specific guidelines to follow

Since none of us actually know him, do we know if he's just following directions or does he really like to turn down 99.9% of all applicants?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I've been dealing with him on and off for a couple of years, and I've heard from another that has had many dealings with him, and Jack McCauley has said similar things about him, on this forum if I'm remembering correctly. I don't believe he is following orders, I believe this is how he is. He needs to go.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Since none of us actually know him, do we know if he's just following directions or does he really like to turn down 99.9% of all applicants?

Actually, we do know this. He is not a fan of the 2A and take things into his own hands and applies his own brand of discretion towards apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom