What's the Best 22 Ammo you've ever shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Best meaning most accurate ammo in .22 RF will depend on the specific firearm. Some shoot the expensive stuff best others love the standard ammo more. The only way to find out is to do side by side ammo tests to see what your gun likes best. It has to do with the harmonics of that specific barrel and two different guns of the same make and model may like different ammo.

When you find the best buy as much as you can because even a different lot number of the same brand may shoot different in your particular gun.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    CCI Mini Mags have been the most reliable and my go-to for target and hunting. However, Eley Target ammo and CCI Standard have all been super accurate in my Winchester Model 75 and my Remington 511. I'd love to get some SK or Lapua ammo to try.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    My .22 pistols (Marvel conversion for 1911, Sig/Hammerli Trailside, Browning Buckmark) like Eley Tenex EPS but CCI Standard Velocity is a very close second and plenty good for Bullseye matches. The guys I shoot with that use Eley with S&W Model 41s have had a gunsmith tweak the guns for reliable feeding but accuracy wasn't an issue.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    Nothing but CCI Stingers through the Marlin Model 60. Enough power to always cycle even when dirty. Key for accuracy in a 22 is consistent ammo. Speeds vary so much. Dead on at 50 yds with 4x scopes and Stingers. Gotta search for them to find a good deal.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I like Wolf Match Target and CCI Standard velocity. Won a 200 yard prone match with the CCI a few years ago, out of a $400 Izmash CM-2 Russian single shot.

Lew--Ranger63

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    No love for CCI Green Tag?

Good stuff but expensive. Supposedly the S&W 14 was made for it or vice versa. Best accuracy is going to come for ammo that does not go trans sonic. Go to RFC. There is a ton of info on .22 ammo. The really goos stuff gets pricey as CR. Seen some as much as $150/brick +.
    CCI is my go to everyday ammo. SK Std + is my step up middle of the road ammo. Any more in my case is a waste.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If the best is defined as most reliable, for me that is CCI AR-Tactical. It runs in every rifle I own with just a hair below 100% reliability. Which if you shoot as much steel as I do that makes them the best. AR-22, 15-22, or 10/22 they all run the stuff as if it was as reliable as centerfire ammo. If I had enough I would use it in my pistols also.

Fireman51

Feb 18, 2014
    I have had great luck with the Lupua as well, but stick to the CCI tactical in my AR, and mini-mags in my 1911-22...they do great.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    My brother shot a .571" 5 shot 100 yard group in a match with that ammo in his 52c. None of my guns like it as much as his 52c does.

Never tried to see how well it shoots @ 100 ys but @ 50 yds it normally just makes one ragged hole on the X with 5-shots. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom