• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    So when are the good people of Maryland going to officially challenge this in court given all the underhanded dealings that happened to get it passed?

Where is the useless NRA?

I recall a certain councilwoman even laughing about violating marylanders conditional rights while they recast the vote.

I'm just curious since its been quite some time, and there has to be some data about the uselessness of the law already.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    98gd1t.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Not to worry. We are very litigious up this way so I am sure someone is already looking at it. :rolleyes:

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    An NRA telemarketer called me yesterday and was obviously reading verbatim script about Hillary Clinton and how she is anti 2nd amendment. I politely stopped this person and told her "I am a member of the NRA and I know that the jacka$$ Hillary is anti gun. But ma'am I am a resident of MD where in 2013 our 2nd amendment rights were trampled on even after countless emails, letters, and phone calls were sent/made as well as thousands of citizens showing up to testify against the atrocities about to be implemented with SB 281. Where was the NRA at then and where are they at now. What is being done or is going to be done by the NRA to fight this attack on my rights? I understand that things need to be fought on the national level, but what about at the state level? You don't win wars without winning smaller battles." She paused for a few seconds and said "I don't know I can't answer that."

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    An NRA telemarketer called me yesterday and was obviously reading verbatim script about Hillary Clinton and how she is anti 2nd amendment. I politely stopped this person and told her "I am a member of the NRA and I know that the jacka$$ Hillary is anti gun. But ma'am I am a resident of MD where in 2013 our 2nd amendment rights were trampled on even after countless emails, letters, and phone calls were sent/made as well as thousands of citizens showing up to testify against the atrocities about to be implemented with SB 281. Where was the NRA at then and where are they at now. What is being done or is going to be done by the NRA to fight this attack on my rights? I understand that things need to be fought on the national level, but what about at the state level? You don't win wars without winning smaller battles." She paused for a few seconds and said "I don't know I can't answer that."

i can answer that.

the phone calls and thousands that showed up happened because the NRA was helping with robocalls, news stories and email alerts.

the NRA lobbyists, along with local lobbyists, helped squash sb281 as origianlly written. but a certain o'malley needed to check off a few progressive boxes on his presidential job application.

the NRA is funding and guiding the current lawsuit challenging the sb281 magazine and rifle bans, and it looks promising.

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    i can answer that.

the phone calls and thousands that showed up happened because the NRA was helping with robocalls, news stories and email alerts.

the NRA lobbyists, along with local lobbyists, helped squash sb281 as origianlly written. but a certain o'malley needed to check off a few progressive boxes on his presidential job application.

the NRA is funding and guiding the current lawsuit challenging the sb281 magazine and rifle bans, and it looks promising.

Thanks guys, I have not been up to date on MD issues. The cancer is poking it head in Louisiana right now with this crap from a New Orleans DEM who is a Mexican born Bloomberg Plant:

HB488 in committee Wednesday, April 29.

Expands the category of who may not posses a firearm in LA to persons convicted of, or who are under an ex parte restraining order for, certain misdemeanor crimes (they are trying to add more crimes to the "prohibited persons" list.) For exact specifics read the bill; I'm not going to reproduce it here.

Ex parte restraining order hearings are one sided, non-contradictory, hearings in which one person accuses another, without the accused being in court to defend him/herself, of a crime. If the judge is convinced, the judge signs the restraining order.

If the accuser is lying, too bad for the accused.

The "restrained" individual will be prohibited from possessing firearms for the duration of the restraining order. Realize, this involves no conviction, merely an accusation made in court by as few as one (1) person.

Its went nowhere, but they will continue to try like everywhere else.

Mr H

Banana'd
    General commentary...

The NRA (also MSI, AGC, MSRPA, etc.) can't force any action.

All have been involved (as has been well-documented) in gaining what ground they can to mitigate the FSA13, challenge MSP, work in the GA, and also the courts.

In that, ground lost is being re-taken... but the process is tedious. This past session IMO showed some cracks that might be exploited, to bring MD back closer to the rest of America.

But, even these groups aren't enough. Individuals will need to stop relying solely on the .orgs for effect.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Do you really think more phone calls, posters, advertisements, and testimony would have stopped SB281? Were you actually in Annapolis in 2013 to see what was going on? I can't believe you were based on your post.

We did a LOT to change the bill as originally written. Go look at the first iteration of the bill. It was orders of magnitude worse than what actually passed. The only thing that can change the course of the MDGA is for Marylanders to wake up and vote for people who actually respect the Constitution. Most of the politicians could care less about the Constitution, as long as their seat is safe. There were some who did not like the bill, but voted for it anyway because O'Malley threatened to remove funding for various things in their districts if they did not go with him.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Apparently the people who are complaining about the NRA where not in Annapolis during the hearing, or like me they would know that the NRA was there trying to get the bill killed.

Feb 28, 2013
    I see the "restraining order" disease is spreading. Must be nice to be able to ruin someone's life if you want to just because they broke wind the wrong way. :mad54:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    There were some who did not like the bill, but voted for it anyway because O'Malley threatened to remove funding for various things in their districts if they did not go with him.

Those very politicians should have stood their ground and called out O'Malley, Miller and Busch for jerking their money over political ambition.

There is still time to remove them for inaction.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Those very politicians should have stood their ground and called out O'Malley, Miller and Busch for jerking their money over political ambition.

There is still time to remove them for inaction.

Agree entirely. Anyone who lets political pressure stand in the way of the Oath they took to uphold the Constitution should be branded a coward and thrown out of office.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Didn't the courts decide that our CC could not require G&S? Uh huh.... Whatever happened to that one? This will go the same way. No chance this is repealed. And even should it get through the local courts, federal courts will uphold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom