• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In a search for a 9mm barrel for my next AR build, I wanted a short bbl (5''-8'') with a Euro threading (13.5-1 LH) because I will be keeping a suppressor on it. With that thread type, the vortex of the bullet spinning through the baffles of the can aid in keeping the can screwed onto the barrel as opposed to the opposite effect of a right hand thread. Thanks to Chad's recommendations, I checked out ADCO Firearms and with a little scrounging around on their site I found that they offer barrels of varying lengths custom threaded to your preference. I got the barrel I wanted (5'') with the threading I wanted shipped within 24 hrs, arriving at my house I five days. Shipping was $6. Through the process, I had several questions answered by Steve at ADCO (all of which were answered in less that 24 hrs). Their customer service was the best I've ever experienced from any on-line company. I hope to do more business with these folks in the future.:thumbsup:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I like ADCO too, nothing but good experiences. I shipped them upper parts to be built plus a barrel to be cut, threaded and gas block pinned on a Friday, had it back the following Thursday!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    OTOH, I have a bad experience with them.

Sent a Colt HBAR to them to have the sear block removed so I could install a Giessele trigger.

When I got it back, the cuts they made still did not allow the trigger to fit. I contacted then about where we could go from there. And got back a VERY nasty email about how they did what they said they were going to do and they were not responsible for anything else, and on and on.

I NEVER said they did not do the work properly. I NEVER said I expected them to fix it for FREE. I only asked, what could be done to do what I needed.

NEVER again with ADCO.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    In a search for a 9mm barrel for my next AR build, I wanted a short bbl (5''-8'') with a Euro threading (13.5-1 LH) because I will be keeping a suppressor on it. With that thread type, the vortex of the bullet spinning through the baffles of the can aid in keeping the can screwed onto the barrel as opposed to the opposite effect of a right hand thread. Thanks to Chad's recommendations, I checked out ADCO Firearms and with a little scrounging around on their site I found that they offer barrels of varying lengths custom threaded to your preference. I got the barrel I wanted (5'') with the threading I wanted shipped within 24 hrs, arriving at my house I five days. Shipping was $6. Through the process, I had several questions answered by Steve at ADCO (all of which were answered in less that 24 hrs). Their customer service was the best I've ever experienced from any on-line company. I hope to do more business with these folks in the future.:thumbsup:

That's a cool idea about the LH threading, Is that a common option to get a can with that type of thread pitch or is it a smaller pool to choose from?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's a cool idea about the LH threading, Is that a common option to get a can with that type of thread pitch or is it a smaller pool to choose from?

I'm not sure how many offer those. I know my Surefire Ryder 9 has that option(and actually has one in the one I bought)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OTOH, I have a bad experience with them.

Sent a Colt HBAR to them to have the sear block removed so I could install a Giessele trigger.

When I got it back, the cuts they made still did not allow the trigger to fit. I contacted then about where we could go from there. And got back a VERY nasty email about how they did what they said they were going to do and they were not responsible for anything else, and on and on.

I NEVER said they did not do the work properly. I NEVER said I expected them to fix it for FREE. I only asked, what could be done to do what I needed.

NEVER again with ADCO.

Not defending rudeness, but did you send along the other parts to be fit?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm not sure how many offer those. I know my Surefire Ryder 9 has that option(and actually has one in the one I bought)

Cool. I'm going to have to keep that in mind for further purchases. I like the idea of getting a suppressor sighted in and leaving it on the weapon.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Cool. I'm going to have to keep that in mind for further purchases. I like the idea of getting a suppressor sighted in and leaving it on the weapon.

Yes. This will be 'permanently' residing on my 9mm AR pistol(my only 9mm).

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not defending rudeness, but did you send along the other parts to be fit?

No, but when I found the issue, I sent an email explaining the problem, and just asked what WE could.

I got back a rude, obnoxious reply going on and on that they had not done anything wrong.

I NEVER said that they had done anything wrong. Just the I needed help to get this worked out.

I was ready to pay to ship it back and pay to have them do additional machining.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

I don't think it's unheard of. SIG, HK, and other European manufacturers pretty typically use a 13.5/1 LH thread pattern on their factory threaded 9mm barrels, for instance.

I have a SiCo Octane 9mm (in jail still...) and the 13.5/1 LH threading is one of the standard pistons that they make for it for that reason. That piston plus a fixed barrel spacer would let you keep that can on a 9mm rifle threaded that way.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't think it's unheard of. SIG, HK, and other European manufacturers pretty typically use a 13.5/1 LH thread pattern on their factory threaded 9mm barrels, for instance.

I have a SiCo Octane 9mm (in jail still...) and the 13.5/1 LH threading is one of the standard pistons that they make for it for that reason. That piston plus a fixed barrel spacer would let you keep that can on a 9mm rifle threaded that way.

Yup. That's why it's sometimes referred to as "European threading"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom