• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    I'm trying to decide on an airgun, but there are so many to consider and reviews are all over the place. I'm hoping for a little sage advice. A PCP, although preferable is not in the cards financially for me. What I have settled on is .22, IGT, relatively quiet if possible and in the neighborhood of $250 to $300 more or less. I'll be using it primarily for target, and ridding the area around my house of vermin.

Pyramid Air does a great job of narrowing my options, but I was wondering if any of you had real/practical knowledge of any of the models or manufacturers.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    An ever better deal would be a used one off the yellow forums;)

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I have several Beeman Spring Piston models, in .177 and .22 that are awesome (I think they are the R1 Super Mag.)

I also have a Weihrauch spring piston in .22 that is brutal powerful for what it is. I've never used it for hunting, but it is my understanding that it is a great rodent/pest control rifle. I have a nice scope on it and take it out to the range sometimes to plink around at 25-50 yards with target pellets and its remarkably accurate.

Anyway, my .02

Vrablic

Mar 27, 2014
    I would def recomend rws 48 or 52 .22 cal

I would def recommend a rws 48 or 52 in .22 Cal. It has a fixed barrel which has way more accuracy then the break barrels plus life time warranty. Another thing is the .22 has way more knock down plus shoots around 900 fps which is optimal for a pellet. The gun with a nice scope will shoot 1/2 inch groups all day. None of them 1300 fps guns will out shoot it. You can usually pick one up for around 400 dollars!

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    If you just want to shoot something fun around the house, you may want to look at an AEG (Airsoft Electric Gun). It might not have the power or accuracy of some other stuff, but since it's full auto, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

While it might not kill, I expect a .2 gram plastic pellet at 400 fps would at least piss off a rodent, especially if it shows up with 10-20 brothers and sisters right behind it

Rob.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Saw the .375 caliber benjamin air rifle at NRA Outdoor show. Watched the video of them shooting hogs and African antelopes. Not $300 though, but impressive nevertheless.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    All of the videos on Ted's HoldOver YouTube channel are first rate, and he reviews a number of products in there along with giving just good generic advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom