• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Baltimore County Game & Fish on Northwind Rd. in Carney will be hosting a range safety officers course on 2/21/2015.

The NRA Range Safety Officer program was developed in response to the demand for a nationally-recognized range safety officer certification. NRA Range Safety Officers are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.

The Range Safety Officer course consists of: Range Safety Officer's roles and responsibilities, range standard operating procedures, range inspection and range rules, firearm stoppages and malfunctions, and Range Safety Briefings which include emergency procedures. Candidates must also receive 90 percent or better on the written exam.

The course costs 75.00 plus NRA fee's for non BCGF members and 55.00 for BCGF members.

Please shoot me a PM if interested.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'm interested. I'm already NRA Pistol Certified Instructor.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you sign up info.

Good price and not given that often. Just for safety sake take the course!!!

We do these classes as a community service and basically just pay the costs involved with classroom etc. Thank you for the endorsement!

Great price for a great course with an outstanding instructor!

Thank you brother!

Interested here too.

interested

Shoot me a PM guys and I will send you sign up info.

You may not hear from me until later today as we have an instructors meeting for this years classes today.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The RSO class is now offered to anyone as an online class. No previous certification required. This just started; I think its $130 or $135 online. Most Chiefs give it in person for less.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The RSO class is now offered to anyone as an online class. No previous certification required. This just started; I think its $130 or $135 online. Most Chiefs give it in person for less.

Online is an option if you have time constraints, but the instructor/classroom class offers cheaper price (usually), personal knowledge and hands on that may not quite be covered in the online class. This reminds me of the concept of cooking through videos, most people can get it, but sometimes it's better to have an instructor.

3rd is an old hand at this, and if I didn't have my RSO cert already, I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

Q

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I took the course at Loch Raven, and learned a lot. Good stuff, highly recommended. It helped us develop our SOP and those that took the course (paid for by the club) now volunteer as RSOs on busy days.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

I would appreciate you staying out of my threads, unless you would like to take one of the classes. As stated, taking a class hands on gives you a wealth of information that you can not and do not get online. Plus I charge about half what the NRA does.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I took the course at Loch Raven, and learned a lot. Good stuff, highly recommended. It helped us develop our SOP and those that took the course (paid for by the club) now volunteer as RSOs on busy days.

This. Although I did not take it at BCGF, it was a great course. There is a dynamic in a classroom that you can't replicate online. If I didn't already have it, I would sign up. This is a great price, especially for us members.
    I got the cert to help out with my sons boy scout troop. I also have done several of the BCGF summer youth shoots. I always have a great time working with the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom