• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I couldn't imagine it being any easier, for my part. No tools required....just hold the pin down and slide it on. :shrug:

Maybe I got the one with the stubborn pin. No tools but I actually blistered my fingers.

Its not a big deal when its on there.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Love my CTR's.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Cold71

May 17, 2011
    When you buy a CTR does it include the buffer tube? I'm looking to replace the stock on my AR15 now as I bought it used and the one that the previous owner put on has a TON of wiggle on it. I want to put a CTR on but I don't want to spend the money and end up having the same issue.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    When you buy a CTR does it include the buffer tube? I'm looking to replace the stock on my AR15 now as I bought it used and the one that the previous owner put on has a TON of wiggle on it. I want to put a CTR on but I don't want to spend the money and end up having the same issue.

Nope, it dont include the buffer. You may be able to purchase them as a kit at certain places. This place here might do kits:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...e-collapsible-buttstock-commercial-model.html

Perhaps the last owner put a commercial spec stock on a milspec buffer. If so, it'd surely have lots of wiggle, as commercial is slightly larger diameter..

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

The CTR stock has a lock on it, which eliminates any play you may experience with another stock. That should be what you're looking for.

Nope, it dont include the buffer. You may be able to purchase them as a kit at certain places. This place here might do kits:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...e-collapsible-buttstock-commercial-model.html

Perhaps the last owner put a commercial spec stock on a milspec buffer. If so, it'd surely have lots of wiggle, as commercial is slightly larger diameter..

A commercial stock won't make it to the back plate. I tried, it's not easy getting it to back off, either.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

You can buy a kit that comes with the buffer tube check Rainier Arms (use the pull down tabs to highlight kit):

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=484

Cold71

May 17, 2011
    The CTR stock has a lock on it, which eliminates any play you may experience with another stock. That should be what you're looking for.

A commercial stock won't make it to the back plate. I tried, it's not easy getting it to back off, either.

What is the best way to go about figuring out what spec buffer tube I currently have? I'd like to use the same one I have if possible.

Cold71

May 17, 2011
    Thanks, i'll check it out when I get home. I think the guy put some POS Tapco or something on it, it's junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom