• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    PayPal makes things worry free

I hope you are joking! PayPal will shaft you for breaching their terms of agreement. Like locking accounts with money in them and refusing to release the funds. And guns, gun parts, and ammunition are definitely on their ban list.

That doesn't stop people from selling gun parts on eBay and taking PayPal as payment. Maybe PayPal is quietly letting this slide, maybe they don't sweat the small deals, or maybe they just haven't caught up with them yet. But it's a risk. Since eBay now owns PayPal, it would be very easy to pull a list of offenders together if they wanted to.

I definitely would not want to have to open a dispute over an item that breaches their TOA. Actually, pray you never have to dispute anything with them, ever. Too many horror stories out here. PayPal is convenient but that's all it has going for it.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Open a dispute case with eBay as this will force the seller's hand, eBay generally rules in the buyers favor and you did nothing wrong. I would give the seller a chance to reply and let them know you plan on opening a dispute if you dont get a response in a certain time frame. Just make sure you are within eBay's time frame for a dispute, not sure what that is.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I would do your due diligence on contacting them and leave it brand-new in your possession. After that, its on them. I would also suggest checking out abandoned property laws in MD.

Theoretically they could have typed an email address incorrectly or some other similar error which caused the RMA to not be sent to you correctly. It sounds like they're pretty rag-tag and disorganized so may not be around much longer if that's how they handle business.

If you don't mind, can you let us know who the seller is?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just checked my eBay account and I don't show the upper transaction. I'll have to look to see if I can this information. I'll look back at my emails too. I bought from 3-4 folks back about the same time, and I can't remember now.

I'll get back to you.
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This is the guy that sent the upper with no receipt and all I have is his first name which is Mark. All I got with the upper was a typed letter thanking me and he signed it as Mark. I really can't remember where on the internet I bought it from. I thought it was through eBay, but it doesn't appear on my past purchases. I'm starting to think it may have just been a guy and not a business. His email doesn't make one think it's from a business, it's just a name@gmail.com. I'm keeping the upper in a box ready to ship if I ever get the information. I thought I had his address, but after checking I don't even have that. I've sent 5 or so emails with no response from any of them. I do not get an undeliverable address message, so I'm thinking he's getting them. But who know.

The upper is sitting in my safe and if he ever contacts me, I'll ship it then.

Thanks,
    Jim Smith

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    If you were only charged for one upper, keep your documents and the upper. If he charges you again, dispute the charge (chargebacks will get the seller's attention). Like others have said, the ball is in the seller's court.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Why is my name getting dragged into this??? WTF?

I dont sell anything on Ebay, Dont buy much there either. EBAY is ANTI-GUN!

I didnt think selling AR Parts on Ebay was even allowed.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I thought it was through eBay, but it doesn't appear on my past purchases.
    Thanks,
    Jim Smith

Why is my name getting dragged into this??? WTF?

I dont sell anything on Ebay, Dont buy much there either. EBAY is ANTI-GUN!

I didnt think selling AR Parts on Ebay was even allowed.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms

This is why your name was brought up. It was not intended to offend you or your business. I think you guys are great!

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    You are probably having trouble because ar lower/uppers are banned on ebay and the guy probably got popped. They froze his paypal and locked his ebay account...

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Rather stupid I might add. They allow slides, they allow barrels, they allow foregrips and they allow stocks and optics and LPK's every single parts but uppers and lowers. Their policies are funny until you get caught up because ebay can't tell the difference between a sbr and a rifle. Spend a few hours explaining that the only way to make it an sbr it to cut the barrel. Only to have them conclude that because the barrel can be cut it is still banned. No, true story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom