• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I bought an upper receiver from an online dealer about a month ago. I ordered a 9mm upper and received a left handed upper. I send the company an email about the mix up and they shipped out the correct upper and said they would email me a RMA as well as a prepaid UPS label. As of today, I have not received anything. I have sent 1 additional email to the dealer with no response in about 20 days. Now to my question.

Since I do not have an RMA, do I send the upper back on my own dime or do I just sit on this upper for another 3-4 months to see what happens? I don't like having to spend my money to correct their mistake, nor do I want to send it back without an RMA because my luck would be that as soon as they receive it, I would be sent the RMA and label, then I wouldn't have any proof I did in fact already send back this specific item. I would have a postal receipt that I sent something back, but I could never prove I sent the upper back to them. Then my CC would be charged for something that I sent back.

What do you think?
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Their number is not working. They don't list a local number just an 800 number. Like I said I've sent them a total of 2 emails with no response. The emails do not come back to me, so someone is getting them.

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Personally, I'd hold onto it (unused) until I heard back from them. Especially if their phone number isn't working. Who knows whats going on over there and last thing you want is to send it back to wrong place/attn to wrong person/etc.

If for some reason they charge your cc (I'd be shocked if they did), call your credit card company immediately and dispute the charge. This will get their attention enough to give you an RMA.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Send it back and have them sign for it.

Keep the returned copy.

Then you have proof that you sent it and it was received.

Done.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Send it back and have them sign for it.

Keep the returned copy.

Then you have proof that you sent it and it was received.

Done.

Nope, it would only prove that I sent something to them. Not this exact item.

Jim Smith

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I am left handed and think I would find it strange to re-train myself to use a LH upper...otherwise I would offer to buy it from you.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've used ebay hundreds of times in the past decade and have only ever had 1 maybe 2 things get messed up. I love ebay.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Have they charged you for 2 uppers or only one? If they charged me for 2 I would call my CC co. and dispute it regardless of how slow the seller happens to be. That's their problem. As always COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!!! Apparently they don't know that!

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Chuck it in the safe ane email them once a month. I do know that one of our IP's had to sit on something for a year before it was considered abandoned. Inform them of the timeframe. After a year, consider it yours.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    If you were only charged for one upper, I would just wait. If you were charged for both, hound them until you get your RMA and prepaid shipping label.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I am left handed and think I would find it strange to re-train myself to use a LH upper...otherwise I would offer to buy it from you.

Aside from the forward assist and ejection port - there's not much difference when compared to a right hand upper.

I started with lefty's, and transitioned to righty's with no issue at all.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Have they charged you for 2 uppers or only one? If they charged me for 2 I would call my CC co. and dispute it regardless of how slow the seller happens to be. That's their problem. As always COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!!! Apparently they don't know that!

I have only been charged for the original upper. I'm just going to hold onto the upper and see what happens. If after 6 months, I'm going to assume the upper to be mine free and clear.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom