• I'd only do it again if I had no other options

Votes: 6 8.6%
    • Awful: I wouldn't recommend it to my ex wife

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I've seen many posts complaining about negative experiences with transferring regulated handguns at the MSP barracks. I have never personally done it, so I am on the fence when I choose to do such a transfer as to whether to use the barracks and save money or pay the extra coin and use a dealer. Please respond to the poll only if you have PERSONALLY been involved in a barracks transfer.

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    I have done three transfers with MSP at the Jessup barracks. I got my money order across the street in a gas station/deli that does it for free. Every transfer has been very smooth; the troopers were all very professional. Any future transfers will be done there as well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I basically did a trade at the MSP barracks in Rockville.

No isues. The trooper knew exactly how to handle it. There was basically 2 times the paperwork. No issues

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    For the most part, all of mine, except the last one, were great. I have found the Glen Burnie (near BWI) is the best.

The transfer at Waterloo was downright scary, especially in how the trooper handled the firearm. As both of us (seller and buyer) are NRA instructors, it was hard not to scream 'finger out of the trigger' and 'keep the gun pointed in a safe direction' .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Done a couple; no big deal. Usually the biggest hassle is the drive to the barracks.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I did a four person trade/sale with other MDS members at Glen Burnie recently. It was very complicated. The trooper was an absolute pro. I am sure Blaster, protege, and Chris would all say the same.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I did a four person trade/sale with other MDS members at Glen Burnie recently. It was very complicated. The trooper was an absolute pro. I am sure Blaster, protege, and Chris would all say the same.

Love the MSP Glen Burnie Barracks for transfers! I have always found the troopers there are professional and up to date on what needs to be done.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This poll would be accurate if every barrack treated everyone the same. There is disparity it seems, between every single barrack.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Love the MSP Glen Burnie Barracks for transfers! I have always found the troopers there are professional and up to date on what needs to be done.

Three handgun transfers at the GB Barracks, for sure they are very professional.

Did one transfer at the Rockville Barracks and they were very un-professional.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

My head already hurts even trying to comprehend that..

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I did a gift transfer at the Benson Barracks to my wife in Oct. 2013. Troopers were friendly n helpful. No complaints. Well, maybe 1. I'm still waiting to hear back if it's ok to give her the handgun.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My favorite one was at the Golden Ring Barracks. The trooper came out to the car to verify the pistol serial#/description and commented, "..If the deal falls through, can I buy it?"

Lol:lol:

I did notice that at gb, the troper said go ahead and bring them in. At golden ring, the troper came out to the car to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom