• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    . . . the penalty for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit in Maryland?

I have heard several people say they'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Rmocarsky

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Even if you get a light sentence or probation..........you won't be able to own a gun legally again. It's a felony.

I would assume you're right.

However I was just reading a thread (can't remember which one) where it was mentioned over and over that it was a misdemeanor. Still a loss of gun rights, but not a felony. I'm not sure about this, I just saw multiple people mentioning it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If you are not otherwise a criminal and have nothing to plea-bargain, I would bet they throw the book at you.

Funny how that works, huh?

Career criminal with associates to rat out? Free pass

Law abiding citizen who fears harm from aforementioned career criminal? BOHICA...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    OP, You will be made an example of. We all will. FSA2013 was written with carrying without a permit in mind. If caught, you will no longer be able to own firearms. If confronted by a bad guy with a gun, accept your fate and die like a good, little, subject.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Also, idk much about law but during the last hprb meeting I was stunned to hear that there are misdemeanors in MD that carry up to a 10 year sentence :whoa:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Don't know what it is today. Back in 2000ish, a gal that I knew through a friend had a boyfriend that was offered 6 mo in jail & the rest of his 5 yr sentence unsupervised probation. He had actually shot a perp and was in possession of some drugs at the time.

I just remember the girl being distraught because her boyfriend didn't want to take the plea bargain. If found guilty by the jury, he would get the minimum 5 yrs. She had a 1 yr old baby with him and was saying "I don't want my baby to grow up without a daddy."

Hope that helps.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    Md CRIMINAL LAW code Ann. 4-203 (2014)

4-203 Wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun

(C) Penalty.--

(1) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to the penalties provided in this subsection.

(2) If the person has not previously been convicted under this section....

(i) except as provided in item (ii) of this paragraph, the person is subject to imprisonment for not less than 30 days and not exceeding 3 years or a fine of not less than $250 and not exceeding $2,500 or both; or.....

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    OP, You will be made an example of. We all will. FSA2013 was written with carrying without a permit in mind. If caught, you will no longer be able to own firearms. If confronted by a bad guy with a gun, accept your fate and die like a good, little, subject.

Since the FSA, it is tougher now to carry even if you HAVE a permit. It used to be considered an administrative violation to carry outside of your permit restrictions (i.e. if your permit said you could only carry while taking money to the bank, but you went elsewhere)... now it is a criminal violation. Carrying outside of your restrictions is the same as having no permit at all :sad20:

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore

I have heard several people say they'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Rmocarsky
    What crime are you specifically worried about that would make you want take the risk?

If you are otherwise an upstanding citizen you could parlay a PBJ with the aid of an attorney that will charge you around $1500 for district court. However, you will very likely be a prohibited person in MD and would not be able to legally own a gun in MD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Rmocarsky
    If you are a murderous thug drug dealer there is no penalty if you are a regular law abiding citizen you will go to jail. In all seriousness you will lose your 2 a rights forever so I would strongly advise against it.

Courtesy of Ag frosh we should expect a push to make this a felony during this General Assembly term.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Don't know what it is today. Back in 2000ish, a gal that I knew through a friend had a boyfriend that was offered 6 mo in jail & the rest of his 5 yr sentence unsupervised probation. He had actually shot a perp and was in possession of some drugs at the time.

I just remember the girl being distraught because her boyfriend didn't want to take the plea bargain. If found guilty by the jury, he would get the minimum 5 yrs. She had a 1 yr old baby with him and was saying "I don't want my baby to grow up without a daddy."

Hope that helps.

I think you should do some MD case search and see what his other additional charges were or what his back round was or maybe consider the source because this is incorrect

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I think you should do some MD case search and see what his other additional charges were or what his back round was or maybe consider the source because this is incorrect

Only met the girl a couple of times. Hate to say this, but I really didn't care. She was a friend of my buddy's wife. A crowd I really didn't hang around with, but unavoidable if you go to any bar in Baltimore.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

JMO, but I think FA2013 (note that there is NO "Safety" anywhere in that steaming pile!) had a bunch of highly restrictive carry stuff put in because they knew that the Supreme Court was going to (very correctly) find that G&S is pure BS. Had the SC done their job and accepted the Woolard case. When Woolard was denied cert:mad54:, that was just a happy bonus for the hoplophobes in the GA.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    What crime are you specifically worried about that would make you want take the risk?

If you are otherwise an upstanding citizen you could parlay a PBJ with the aid of an attorney that will charge you around $1500 for district court. However, you will very likely be a prohibited person in MD and would not be able to legally own a gun in MD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A PBJ for this offense would not make you a prohibited person since it would not be a conviction.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015

Sounds like he was charged with use of a handgun in the commission of a crime which carries a 5 year minimum sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom