• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Just received my permit for business related activities.

90 days door to door - from receipt at handgun unit to my address.

Valid only while conducting business as owner of _____. Md Only. Not valid where firearms are prohibited.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Received this just moments ago:

Mr. XXXX

A review of your handgun permit application #438-81173A by the Maryland State Police Licensing Division Handgun Permit Unit revealed that additional information is required as follows:

1. Evidence is needed to support apprehended fear (i.e.- copies of police reports for assaults, threats, harassments, or stalking that pertain to you).

If the documentation is not received in this office by December 19, 2015, your application will be disapproved.

Please return a copy of this email and the requested documentation to the Handgun Permit Unit at 1111 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD 21208. If you have further questions contact me via email.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I agree with the approach. We all know the MSP was going to deny some of us for the reasoning we applied with. Who cares? If anything you are in line for the board sooner and will not need to wait the additional 2 months for the MSP to deny. If anything, they did you a favor.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I agree with the approach. We all know the MSP was going to deny some of us for the reasoning we applied with. Who cares? If anything you are in line for the board sooner and will not need to wait the additional 2 months for the MSP to deny. If anything, they did you a favor.

Please explain. I still have to receive my "official" denial letter before requesting a hearing with the board, right? All I have so far is an email saying I will be denied if I don't provide more stuff.

Maybe what you're suggesting is that when that letter is received, I skip the request for review by MSP and just go straight to the board. Is that what cuts the 2 months out?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No, I'd think you still need their official disposition on it. I'm not sure I'd expect anything (at all) to happen in 2 months time.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Please explain. I still have to receive my "official" denial letter before requesting a hearing with the board, right? All I have so far is an email saying I will be denied if I don't provide more stuff.

Maybe what you're suggesting is that when that letter is received, I skip the request for review by MSP and just go straight to the board. Is that what cuts the 2 months out?

Once the denial letter is received, you can request an informal review with the MSP and if that does not go your way, you can go to the HPRB. Who is the trooper handling your app? If you decide to go the informal route, ask for someone who has not already denied you. Ask for a trooper of equivalent or greater rank than the trooper who denied you. And record your informal review. You have to notify the trooper you are recording, but you are allowed to record it.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Once the denial letter is received, you can request an informal review with the MSP and if that does not go your way, you can go to the HPRB. Who is the trooper handling your app? If you decide to go the informal route, ask for someone who has not already denied you. Ask for a trooper of equivalent or greater rank than the trooper who denied you. And record your informal review. You have to notify the trooper you are recording, but you are allowed to record it.

Trooper Laziuck.

10/4. Thanks. I doubt that I'd have much luck with the informal review so I may as well shoot for the moon and go to the HPRB.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Trooper Laziuck.

10/4. Thanks. I doubt that I'd have much luck with the informal review so I may as well shoot for the moon and go to the HPRB.

I'd strongly recommend you speak with MR. McCauley to see if maybe he has any ideas that can help you.

And, I'd look here too:http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4077526&postcount=307

The nuts and bolts of it address your specific request, whether or not it's binding and can be used as precedent in front of the board, I don't know.

Also, I'm not a lawyer, and... NOT giving legal advice. :thumbsup:

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I'd strongly recommend you speak with MR. McCauley to see if maybe he has any ideas that can help you.

And, I'd look here too:http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4077526&postcount=307

The nuts and bolts of it address your specific request, whether or not it's binding and can be used as precedent in front of the board, I don't know.

Also, I'm not a lawyer, and... NOT giving legal advice. :thumbsup:

The way I read that, they are being ordered to accept the applicant's verbal statement/testimony that he has threats...not requiring him to provide police reports to support same.

Trouble for me is, I don't have threats, documented or otherwise.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The way I read that, they are being ordered to accept the applicant's verbal statement/testimony that he has threats...not requiring him to provide police reports to support same.

Trouble for me is, I don't have threats, documented or otherwise.

Where you at in about an hour? I'll fuggin threaten you. :shrug:

I think you're right, I got excited and scrolled over it too fast. In any event, a quick message to Jack may be worthwhile.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Where you at in about an hour? I'll fuggin threaten you. :shrug:

I think you're right, I got excited and scrolled over it too fast. In any event, a quick message to Jack may be worthwhile.

:lol:

Yep, already sent a note to Jack. I'm sure he's a very busy man, but I will anxiously await his reply.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If you need a second to threaten you, I'll oblige. Two separate threats have gotta work.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Quit talking about it or we'll really crank up the threats.

There, that ought to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom