• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    About my final status, I suppose.

No sir, you were lied to by the nice gentleman. :sad20:

Over the years a renewal (with nothing changed) has taken up to 5 months to process.

Absolute truth of this matter is, it's few HOURS of work to investigate one of these files, round up to 6 hours total including the actual drive back and forth to the interview.

They throw them in a stack and wait until literally THE 90th day (in most cases) to print the card.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It was about a week after I mailed the application that they called for my interview in Jessup. Set it up for a week later.

Still got the card at 88 days, so ~75 days after interview.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I didn't hear anything after my interview. Card just came in the mail.

Far as I know they don't call you up saying you're approved.

He gave me a document with contact info on it and said to wait a couple of weeks, send an email asking about status (if I so desired) and I should know something.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    He gave me a document with contact info on it and said to wait a couple of weeks, send an email asking about status (if I so desired) and I should know something.

This must be something new but it kind of reinforces what others are saying in this thread. If they know in a couple of weeks after your interview if you are approved why do they wait so long to mail the card? :sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I was given a contact sheet as well , for any questions. I have a feeling that people who apply for security position jobs get put at the top of the pile.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Do most people declined even get an interview? I'm guessing not. Hoping you're in a good place.

Yes, everyone is interviewed to my knowledge.

I'm not really sure. I would hope/expect that everyone who applies would be afforded the opportunity of an interview. I certainly feel that I was able to clarify some of my information (read: reason I feel I deserve a permit) in person better than just filling out the forms. As I said before, the Sgt. asked relevant questions and took good notes. Maybe it was all for show, maybe not.

That said, I'm pretty sure that somewhere on this board I read a comment by someone (not that that holds weight or adds value) along the lines of that some applications are denied without an interview. True? I don't know, but if true it gives me a tiny bit of hope that I at least past the initial screening.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That said, I'm pretty sure that somewhere on this board I read a comment by someone (not that that holds weight or adds value) along the lines of that some applications are denied without an interview. True? I don't know, but if true it gives me a tiny bit of hope that I at least past the initial screening.

I don't think so. I've never heard of anyone not being interviewed (at all).

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not saying you shouldn't have hope, just saying,.... they (as a whole) don't give a shit about you.

I'm coming up on a month since I sent in my renewal package. Emailed them over a week ago asking about an address change,.... no response at all. I've had this same experience dealing with the MSP at the inspection garage in Perryville. They encourage you to email with questions rather than calling, then,..... NEVER reply (at all). It's somewhat of a joke actually, literally someone must be sitting there deleting messages as they come in rather than helping out the average taxpayer.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I don't think so. I've never heard of anyone not being interviewed (at all).

:thumbsup:
    Very possible/probable. I just remember reading something along those lines. Again, not that reading it here means anything. Certainly not worth going back to find because there is no value added.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm not saying you shouldn't have hope, just saying,.... they (as a whole) don't give a shit about you.

I'm coming up on a month since I sent in my renewal package. Emailed them over a week ago asking about an address change,.... no response at all. I've had this same experience dealing with the MSP at the inspection garage in Perryville. They encourage you to email with questions rather than calling, then,..... NEVER reply (at all). It's somewhat of a joke actually, literally someone must be sitting there deleting messages as they come in rather than helping out the average taxpayer.

As far as protocol to contact the applicant by day 90, My pigeon is now eight days over due..:lol2:

I have to agree they do not care, but consider it a burden.

When I applied for my FL non resident, I received a rejection about day 80 , during a period of historic application submissions to that state. The reason was incomplete application, they alleged it was not notarized, didn't see the seal. I was able to call by phone and explain to the proper person pretty immediately, the seal was there and where to look. I was treated courteously and they apologized for the error and had my permit a week later.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I got my Florida permit (literally door to door) in 30 days flat. Thus was back in 2011 or so. Goes to show, a properly run system CAN work.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I got my Florida permit (literally door to door) in 30 days flat. Thus was back in 2011 or so. Goes to show, a properly run system CAN work.

Just got mine in a little over a week. Took a class while I was down there on vacation, got fingerprinted here and sent the package in. A little over a week later got an envelope from FL Agricultural Dept. or who ever it was and I thought they were asking for more information or something I left out. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found my permit:)

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I got my permit on day 92 back in September, and my wife got her permit on Day 111, after we were both interviewed on the same day (Interview on Day 52 for me and Day 34 for her). So she was interviewed on Day 34 and did not receive the permit until Day 111. That's a lot of waiting and sitting on somebody's desk for 77 days!!

Your "few weeks" will probably last longer than is reasonable or expected. For what it's worth, my "few weeks" from Sgt. Jones was 7 weeks, and my better half's few weeks turned out to be 12 weeks. :mad54:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I got my permit on day 92 back in September, and my wife got her permit on Day 111, after we were both interviewed on the same day (Interview on Day 52 for me and Day 34 for her). So she was interviewed on Day 34 and did not receive the permit until Day 111. That's a lot of waiting and sitting on somebody's desk for 77 days!!

Your "few weeks" will probably last longer than is reasonable or expected. For what it's worth, my "few weeks" from Sgt. Jones was 7 weeks, and my better half's few weeks turned out to be 12 weeks. :mad54:

Thanks for information.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Funny thing (not "ha-ha") is that even if they decide to take 200 days to do a 4 day job, there's nothing anyone can do but bitch and complain. They're not held to any 90 day limit as per their own SOP, what's to say they can't take as long as they damn well please?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    12 days have passed since I emailed licensing asking a question about my app in process, should take someone around 45 seconds flat to type up the one sentence answer.

Think they'll get around to it today? Or, maybe if you move during the application process they just throw out your app and you start over from the beginning?

The communication is lovely, still amazes me these fvcks get away with what they do and have so many cheerleaders (even here) claiming how they "are doing they best they can". :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom