• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    If you have the phone interview, and the LEO is able to speak with your spouse....will there then be a FTF interview as well???

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    Update to mine

App submitted 9 Mar
    RCVD 12 Mar by MSP
    Check cashed 16 Mar
    CJIS letter rcvd 21 Mar
    Trooper called to sched FTF 10 Apr
    Meeting him tomorrow for my FTF 12 APR

Last edited:

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Trooper I spoke to yesterday said phone interviews were not an option. I did not question that at this point over the phone!
    UPdate:

Had my interview today in person at the Bel Air barracks. TFCxxxxx could not have been a nicer guy. He said his job was to complete the application and forward it to his Supervisor. He did say he received my application on 4/6 - however Pikesville received it on 3/14. Considering it sat for 3 weeks, they must be really backed up.

He also said he received 10 applications to investigate while 3 other Troopers received 4 each. He said that the MSP is considering pulling some additional Troopers in to help.

As for questions: He did ask some of the same ones everyone has already mentioned. Interestingly, he did not ask how many firearms I own & which ones. He asked if I had recevied training and I mentioned all that I received. He stated over again, he was just completing the paperwork and he was not the decision maker.

All in all, it lasted about 20 minutes and was a great guy to talk to. Now the wait.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    UPdate:

Had my interview today in person at the Bel Air barracks. TFCxxxxx could not have been a nicer guy. He said his job was to complete the application and forward it to his Supervisor. He did say he received my application on 4/6 - however Pikesville received it on 3/14. Considering it sat for 3 weeks, they must be really backed up.

He also said he received 10 applications to investigate while 3 other Troopers received 4 each. He said that the MSP is considering pulling some additional Troopers in to help.

As for questions: He did ask some of the same ones everyone has already mentioned. Interestingly, he did not ask how many firearms I own & which ones. He asked if I had recevied training and I mentioned all that I received.
    He stated over again, he was just completing the paperwork and he was not
    the decision maker.

All in all, it lasted about 20 minutes and was a great guy to talk to. Now the wait.
    Thanks for putting the date your application was received, mine was the same day as yours and I haven't heard squat.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Thanks for putting the date your application was received, mine was the same day as yours and I haven't heard squat.
    No problem. I got the impression Pikesville is handing these out to the various barracks and everyone is getting a few to investigate. One other thing. He also went through my driving record which I thought was alittle strange. Mostly a few speeding tickets and 1 seatbelt violation - no big deal. But interesting he brought it up.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    No problem. I got the impression Pikesville is handing these out to the various barracks and everyone is getting a few to investigate. One other thing. He also went through my driving record which I thought was alittle strange. Mostly a few speeding tickets and 1 seatbelt violation - no big deal. But interesting he brought it up.
    Yeah that's kinda weird. WTF does a drivers license have to do with a permit. Next thing you know they will be passing laws about speeding while carrying or unrestrained driver while carrying.:sad20:

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Yeah that's kinda weird. WTF does a drivers license have to do with a permit. Next thing you know they will be passing laws about speeding while carrying or unrestrained driver while carrying.:sad20:
    They did look at my DL and wrote down the number. I wonder if MD will/does tie your DL with your permit. That way when they run your DL or pull you over, they know if you MAY have a permitted firearm onboard. But why would they go through a driving record?... I have no idea.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They did look at my DL and wrote down the number. I wonder if MD will/does tie your DL with your permit. That way when they run your DL or pull you over, they know if you MAY have a permitted firearm onboard. But why would they go through a driving record?... I have no idea.
    That's a possibility, but I'm sure that not everybody that's elligable to apply has a drivers license.

buff7mm don't feel like the Lone Ranger.Have not heard a thing since recept of backgrown letter on 3/22/12.
    Yeah, that's the last I've had any contact too. I was hoping to get it out of the road soon because I'm supposed to go back to work next week.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'll play... after all, I'm "mostly anonymous"...

LOL

3/6/12 - Filled paperwork
    3/7/12(AM) - Distributed app PDF and info to coworkers <VBG>
    3/7/12(PM) - Registerd with MDLivescan for Monday
    3/8/12 - Planned haircut (sorry... it needs to be part of the process!!)
    3/12/12 - Will be getting prints, etc., and mailing app.
    3/12/12(a) - LiveScan visit complete, copies made, sending Express Mail shortly.
    3/12/12(b) - email sent to Del. Smigiel and MSI confirming submission
    3/13/12 - "Your item was delivered at 10:48 am on March 13, 2012 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282. The item was signed for by E BROWN."
    3/20/12 - CJIS "Good Boy" letter received
    3/21/12 - Check processed by my Credit union... proc# 81225
    4/12/12- Call received from MSP Glen Burnie, called back left message

On a whim, decided to check the home VM...

Sure enough, there was a message from the GB barracks.

Called her back, left message.

(app received by MSP 3/13)

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    8-Mar-12:
    Print and filled out app - Free
    Certified check from credit union - $75
    App notorized - Free at credit union
    Passport photos taken at Mailbox Plus - $12.00
    LiveScan at Absolute Investigative Services - $57.25
    Triple checked and scanned everything to be submitted - Free
    Mailed completed app package via USPS with delivery confirmation - $2.10

9-Mar-12: Delivery confirmed by USPS March 9, 1012 at 12:59 pm Pikesville, MD 21282

16-Mar-12: Received background check in mail -No criminal history! :-)

12-Apr-12: Received call from Troper XXX this afternoon stating he has finished contacting all of my references and wants to conduct the FTF interview this coming Monday, 16-Apr-12

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    wow, I had my interview back in mid-March but I havent had any more contact for a FTF interview and all my references told me they were contacted....:tap:

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    3/12: One Stop Shop MD LiveScan, Mailed app to MSP, Express Mail.
    3/13: Delivery confirmation.
    3/20: Letter from CJIS, No Criminal History.
    3/20: Check cleared bank, number 81229 on check.

I have NOT been called yet for an interview.

UPDATE:
    4/12: Voice mail msg on home phone from MDSP.
    4/13: Setup interview for Tuesday the 17th - Glen Burnie Barracks, Ref's contacted shortly after.

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    UPDATE:
    4/12: Voice mail msg on home phone from MDSP.
    4/13: Setup interview for Tuesday the 17th - Glen Burnie Barracks, Ref's contacted shortly after.

I am jealous. MSP received app 3/09/12. Check cashed 3/12/12. 3/16/12 CJIS all clear letter. No contact as of today.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Final Update -

Had my FTF interview today. I got the same questions basically, as everyone else. The trooper was actually pretty nice. we talked about guns for a bit when the business was done.

Now, according to popular belief, i'm on the shelf till the case plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom