• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Slide-Stock build

Here is my slide stock build from the Slidefiresolutions group buy. She is sporting a S&W 5.45x39 upper. Basic lower build with nothing fancy. Topped off with a Vortex Sparc and Aervoe Khaki camo paint.

Oh and the wooden box is what I feed her when she gets hungry for some bumpfire!

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpg
      IMG_1146.jpg
      53.4 KB · Views: 823

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Sill in the build process so I don't know the answer yet, but what's the total length on an AR-15 "SPR" with 18" barrel, and Magpul PRS stock.

I'm looking at cases for my rifle but as I'm not sure of the total length yet I'm holding off.

If you know the answer "With" a Magpul PRS stock I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    DPMS Oracle
    CMMG dedicated 9mm carbine (Had no idea that these are cash and carry!)
    Nike Air Max 95

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311294862.161370.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311294862.161370.jpg
      85.6 KB · Views: 731

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    2011-06-26_10-42-58_518.jpg

LMT MWS w/ Nightforce
    KAC SR15 w/ H1
    OBR Lite w/ ML3
    Noveske N4 w/ ML3

broandsisguns.jpg

Better picture of the OBR and SR15

BedGun.jpg

KAC SR15 with the insanely expensive (and overrated) Costa Fanboi muzzle brake:innocent0

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    2011-07-22 19.29.59.jpg
    i'm fairly broke, so a strikefire will just have to do for now. Does co-witness well. Like that the dot is fairly crisp with little mirage around it. Don't like that the glass is dark compared to aimpoints and pricier optics and has a red tint to it. Gotta take it to the range and sight the thing in.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/whynotdev8/2011-06-26_10-42-58_518.jpg

LMT MWS w/ Nightforce
    KAC SR15 w/ H1
    OBR Lite w/ ML3
    Noveske N4 w/ ML3

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/whynotdev8/broandsisguns.jpg

Better picture of the OBR and SR15

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/whynotdev8/BedGun.jpg

KAC SR15 with the insanely expensive (and overrated) Costa Fanboi muzzle brake:innocent0

You sir, have very good taste ! Great collection of top notch hardware.

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    Johnny Utah, how do you like the Knights trigger guard? I saw these at AIM and was thinking of trying one out.

I like it a lot. It looks great and its functional. It does leave a gap between the guard and the pistol grip- which can cause blisters for people who run carbine classes. In that aspect the magpul guard is superior (although running a gapper can remedy the issue). Like everything else Knight's, its expensive and there are better 'value' out there - but I still am a huge fan of their stuff.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    View attachment 41474
    i'm fairly broke, so a strikefire will just have to do for now. Does co-witness well. Like that the dot is fairly crisp with little mirage around it. Don't like that the glass is dark compared to aimpoints and pricier optics and has a red tint to it. Gotta take it to the range and sight the thing in.

Thats a nice rifle. The strikefire is a good piece, but I agree with you about the tint. Its not too bad when your outside shooting with both eyes open. Still when compared to an Aimpoint, its kinda annoying. Ive only notice the red tint from the front, which I believe is supposed to be there.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    uh no, I remember in the ban how hard it was to get decent mags. Bought colt, bought others half worked, half had bent feed lips or weak springs. Bless the PMAG!

Talking of mags.. are 30 rnd mags actually illegal in MD...??

I've found various websites/stores that actually say it's illegal in various states, and they list the States.

However some do and some don't list MD...

And should I stock up now while I know which stores are willing to ship to MD ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom