Best way to get Bucks out during the day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    i have a wide 9 pointer on my property and he will only come out at night.

what is the best way to try to get him out during the day

i have a mother and its kids running around whenever i need to get papa out

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    He'll be out plenty from Halloween to Nov. 6th or so. :innocent0 If it's private property, maybe a feeder that drops food only in daylight. He will figure it out, if it's something he likes.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Agree, timed feeders, mineral drips, etc are probably the best bet to train him to come out during the day. I'm hoping they aren't as nocturnal this year since it has been a mild summer.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    If you hunt a bait site or feeder, don't hunt over it. Hunt the travel ways to the site. You will see more bucks this way! Most times when does come into a bait site, the bucks are hanging back and you never know they are there. Same as a feild edge, the does are in the feild,the bucks are off in the woods a couple yards staging till dark. Your best bet, figure out which way he is coming from and set your camera up to back track him. When you find where he came in in that spot on the camera move it back. You can try to try all kinds of baiting tactics but it will do you more harm than good.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    If you hunt a bait site or feeder, don't hunt over it. Hunt the travel ways to the site. You will see more bucks this way! Most times when does come into a bait site, the bucks are hanging back and you never know they are there. Same as a feild edge, the does are in the feild,the bucks are off in the woods a couple yards staging till dark. Your best bet, figure out which way he is coming from and set your camera up to back track him. When you find where he came in in that spot on the camera move it back. You can try to try all kinds of baiting tactics but it will do you more harm than good.

:thumbsup: I agree they aren't far from where the Does are...out smart the Doe you outsmart the buck...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    i have a wide 9 pointer on my property and he will only come out at night.

what is the best way to try to get him out during the day

i have a mother and its kids running around whenever i need to get papa out

Pray. Pray hard.

If the world stopped moving during the day he would come out during the day. He comes out at night for a reason. Figure out what the day time commotion is that is keeping him nocturnal.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Agree, timed feeders, mineral drips, etc are probably the best bet to train him to come out during the day. I'm hoping they aren't as nocturnal this year since it has been a mild summer.
    Pressure also forces them to be nocturnal...they by nature are most active during afternoon to late evening through the night and early morning.

Pray. Pray hard.

If the world stopped moving during the day he would come out during the day. He comes out at night for a reason. Figure out what the day time commotion is that is keeping him nocturnal.
    :thumbsup:that someone doesn't get the buck you want...but I'll take what I get as a blessing!

Is it illegal to hunt with a starlight scope?
    Not sure if serious....only hogs can be hunted at night and that in TX..

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Pressure also forces them to be nocturnal...they by nature are most active during afternoon to late evening through the night and early morning.

:thumbsup:that someone doesn't get the buck you want...but I'll take what I get as a blessing!

Not sure if serious....only hogs can be hunted at night and that in TX..
    Predators and nuisance species acceptable practice (by individual state law) at night...game animals, only during daylight hours.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Is it illegal to hunt with a starlight scope?

If your gun goes bang between 30 minutes after Sunset or before 30 minutes before Sunrise then Yes.

( I don't know why I even entertained this question with a reply. I only assume he is pointing out the fact that he has a scope that is of no value to Deer hunting ? )

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    If you have enough people, and know the land well, as far as the routes/funnels they travel, you can also drive them out. It does up the trust level of your comrades a little though.

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    Last season I hunted a property new to me during late season and every morning I went in WELL before sunrise, and I kept spooking them out of a bed before I could even get to the stand. I know noise was my problem but it seemed like they were laying down pretty early. Any advise?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Last season I hunted a property new to me during late season and every morning I went in WELL before sunrise, and I kept spooking them out of a bed before I could even get to the stand. I know noise was my problem but it seemed like they were laying down pretty early. Any advise?

depends how close your stand is to the bed you will spook them out...if you can take the long route around the area to get to your stand clear a path of sticks and leaves and keep it clear so you aren't breaking branches, rustling leaves etc.. also clear a path for the deer to follow in shooting range of where your stand...other than that try evening hunts

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek

Stay away from the bed! Rake a trail to your stand and keep it clean, go around it if you have to. Go in quiet as a church mouse that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom