• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Honestly? Forget about pensions and policy. The cold, hard fact is that it is overwhelmingly likely that Brown will win and the last thing that the FOP wants is to endorse a loser and find themselves at the complete mercy of vengeful Democrats. Even if Hogan does win, the Dems will still control everything else in Annapolis and will make life miserable for anyone who endorsed him and is beholden to the state. About the best deal Hogan could possibly get is that the FOP might delay its endorsement for while.

It's how the game works. If you want to play politics at the state level in Maryland, you bend a knee to the Democratic Party.

Brown campaign poll: its a 6pt race (http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=158273). About the same as Townsend's lead in 2002 at this time.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Different time though. I guess it will depend on who cou ts the votes.
    There was also, not the fleeing of business at the rate at which has been occurring under O'slimey. Spendenning was bad, but not Marty bad.

Housing was going UP UP UP, not so much, and with net negative migration, it's only a matter of time before MD homes come to the national median/mean.

People in Western, MD are hurting; shale gas ban and rain tax, septic system law.

People on the shore are hurting: rain tax, bay mismanagement, septic system law.

People in southern maryland are living under the fear of the wind project destroying NAS Pax River.

Then you have the aforementioned police, firefighters, and teachers whom, despite their unions, are pissed about their pensions, hours, pay increases. (Why do you think Craig didn't come close? He was running a more visible campaign from what I could see during the primary).

Even some of the minority voters in the state have to question about immigration and the roll that the Dems have played within MD with the DREAMers.

I smell an upset brewing, doesn't mean it will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom