• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    OK, you could do that. It'd be kinda dumb, but you could do it.

This might be an option for someone who wasn't partial to the shroud option. Might also be a cheaper than blind pinning a barrel shroud that permanently keeps your barrel from being removed, while preserving the lines of pre October rifles. That was my thinking.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Is that enough to make it cash-and-carry, or only enough to satisfy MD's OAL requirement?

There are no regulated long guns in MD... just banned ones and cash-and-carry ones.

The PS90 is not banned by name, and it will meet all the feature requirements if you extend the OAL to 29 inches. So, cash-and-carry.

Feb 28, 2013
    There are no regulated long guns in MD... just banned ones and cash-and-carry ones.

The PS90 is not banned by name, and it will meet all the feature requirements if you extend the OAL to 29 inches. So, cash-and-carry.

I know all that.;)

I was asking about the necessary length of a flash hider to make it either NFA, or cash and carry.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    It's got a 16 inch barrel, unless you're taking about buying the SBR version... which would be silly since the MD OAL requirements still apply. You'd have a short barrel with a foot-long muzzle device. Why pay for a tax stamp and all the hassle to get no difference in actual length.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You'd have a short barrel with a foot-long muzzle device. Why pay for a tax stamp and all the hassle to get no difference in actual length.
    A short barrel with a permanently attached footlong muzzle device wouldn't be an SBR.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace

Sorry to dig up an old thread (thank Google). But I am also wondering this same thing. I tried to email my FFL a week ago to find out about getting a MD legal PS90 with no response. SB281 seems to identify an overall length of 29" as a required length to exceed banned status. Doesn't extending the butt plate by 3" satisfy the length requirement since the stock rifle is 26.5"?

I really want to pick one of these up. I regret not purchasing one before SB281 kicked in. I guess it's spilled milk now.

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    There is a 57 AR upper that uses the PS-90 magazines, with the brass ejecting out of the mag well of the AR lower. The one upper that I saw was 750 out the door still less than a reworked PS-90,

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Sorry to dig up an old thread (thank Google). But I am also wondering this same thing. I tried to email my FFL a week ago to find out about getting a MD legal PS90 with no response. SB281 seems to identify an overall length of 29" as a required length to exceed banned status. Doesn't extending the butt plate by 3" satisfy the length requirement since the stock rifle is 26.5"?

I really want to pick one of these up. I regret not purchasing one before SB281 kicked in. I guess it's spilled milk now.

You just need to extend the length a bit and you're good to go; MD legal. If your FFL isn't responding, talk to the guys at Duffy's. They'll get you set up.

Code:

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Checking the availability of magazines and the 10 round is one dollar cheaper than the 50. You could still go across the bridge and get the 50

That is funny. Material wise it had an extra plastic blocker to reduce capacity. It most likely co costs more to make.

zaphod07

Oct 16, 2011
    Around NAS PAX
    So I have a coworker who came up here from Fla about a year or so ago and owns a PS90.
    IS his configuration legal? From what I have gathered, it is not.
    He would have to add 3 or so inches to become legal.
    Is that about right?

Feb 28, 2013
    For a muzzle device to count as "barrel length" to the ATF, it has to be pinned and welded.

Is the same thing required to also satify MD's OAL requirement?

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    couldn't one make a telescoping butt stock that when extended creates the necessary length to get >29"? or does MD law not read like federal law in regards to OAL?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    couldn't one make a telescoping butt stock that when extended creates the necessary length to get >29"? or does MD law not read like federal law in regards to OAL?

The law doesn't specify a measurement method; inquiries with MSP have returned "we use the ATF definition" as the method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom