• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Contrary to what is being posted in this thread women are not getting handgun permits at any rate higher than men for personal protection. Personal protection as G&S results in very few permits in MD for men or women. MSP is not showing favortism to women, that is BS. MSP based on their G&S guidelines doesn't give a sh!t about anyone's personal safety when it comes to handgun permit issuance. Well, except for O'Malley cronies and connected DemocRATS.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    :lol:
    Now where is that "Out of Context" thread? :D

In all seriousness, reading that article kept bringing up images of that Everytown "ad" where they showed a woman being murdered by her crazy ex... And the things they're doing is what is CREATING that situation, but somehow we're the ones waging a "war on women" when we try to help. F'ing infuriating. :mad54:

Stay calm. Reply "the real war is on men and the stats prove it."

What ever you do do not take the bait. They are trying to anger us.. don't let them.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Contrary to what is being posted in this thread women are not getting handgun permits at any rate higher than men for personal protection. Personal protection as G&S results in very few permits in MD for men or women. MSP is not showing favortism to women, that is BS. MSP based on their G&S guidelines doesn't give a sh!t about anyone's personal safety when it comes to handgun permit issuance. Well, except for O'Malley cronies and connected DemocRATS.

I got a totally different vibe from the article. To me, it sounded like "More women are applying, but they're being denied by MSP even when they have legitimate concerns."

Stay calm. Reply "the real war is on men and the stats prove it."

What ever you do do not take the bait. They are trying to anger us.. don't let them.

:thumbsup: I always say that concealed carry is far more beneficial to women than it is to men. Luckily most of the women I bother to spend time with aren't misandrist modern feminists anyway.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I got a totally different vibe from the article. To me, it sounded like "More women are applying, but they're being denied by MSP even when they have legitimate concerns."

:thumbsup: I always say that concealed carry is far more beneficial to women than it is to men. Luckily most of the women I bother to spend time with aren't misandrist modern feminists anyway.

Posters in the thread have made it sound like women are being issued permits for personal protection just because they are women. This is not the case at any kind of "high rate". I agree with you, the article says that women are applying more often just as another article claims Baltimore and PG residents are applying more. It certainly does not mean they are obtaining them. Applying is way different than obtaining.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Never underestimate the role of women in the D party. If women want something the D will provide... period.... they lose on the fem vote alone

I'm sorry, but women--whether they're genetically male or female--ARE today's democratic party.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Some might say, "These laws are merely guidelines for the sheep. As an example, there is a dearth of people talking on their phones while driving. one can only imagine the arsenal they carry in their purse or trunk of the car. Even his excelency President 0bama obeys only the laws he likes, why should these womens be any different. Me? I couldn't possibly comment.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    People seem to be confused by this article. Women are not getting carry permits just because they are women. They are getting denied just like everyone else. It just shows that our “May Issue” system is idiotic because even people with direct threats to their lives are not allowed to have permits. MD is basically saying that they only care about the rich when it comes to safety.

Also, all the people complaining about women supporting the Democratic party make me laugh. This is like the “nice guys” complaining about how women won’t sleep with them despite how “nice” they are. Get a clue, if the Republicans would drop the anti abortion/anti social rights rhetoric and at least attempt to throw women a bone maybe they wouldn’t get crushed in the general election by the women vote. I’m banking on the Libertarian wing taking over cause Republicans aren’t going to win on a conservative social agenda in any large elections, especially once the baby boomers die off.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    People seem to be confused by this article. Women are not getting carry permits just because they are women. They are getting denied just like everyone else. It just shows that our “May Issue” system is idiotic because even people with direct threats to their lives are not allowed to have permits. MD is basically saying that they only care about the rich when it comes to safety.

Also, all the people complaining about women supporting the Democratic party make me laugh. This is like the “nice guys” complaining about how women won’t sleep with them despite how “nice” they are. Get a clue, if the Republicans would drop the anti abortion/anti social rights rhetoric and at least attempt to throw women a bone maybe they wouldn’t get crushed in the general election by the women vote. I’m banking on the Libertarian wing taking over cause Republicans aren’t going to win on a conservative social agenda in any large elections, especially once the baby boomers die off.

Why should they buy them off? The clock is ticking... they are at risk not us.

The Republican s are not going to bail your asses out . You broke it you bought it.

Meanwhile allegations of domestic abuse can become G&S with a pen stoke, and will as soon as they think it expedient. Most likely not before they are sure the court will not strike down may issue. If that happens they will find it expedient to buy off women.

There is ample president in the law of self defense to support the claim that any women is facing greater than average threat if lethal violence in a domestic situation.

That most of the evidence supporting this claim is crap will not even slow it down.

This is the obvious counter move and it will again move the conversation from rights to " the state will protect women from men".

It one reason we need to be cautious about over playing this.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace

And if the democrats would just drop their anti gun BS. I told an old friend who was pushing Mizeur that I would like her just fine if she would 100% drop the anti gun BS. I find it odd that since most people actually don't even think about gun issues and don't support much in the way of gun control ( background checks are the basic thing supported, everything else they shrug their shoulders over), that the D would even be so gleeful in being as anti gun as they are. Most of the D voters don't even care about it. Same also goes for the R voters.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Equal protection...I like the ring of that...

The problem is, what qualifies as apprehended danger? It is not codified in the law or COMAR anywhere.

Then get together with 10 or so of your closest friends and their wives and submit a definition to MSP for inclusion into COMAR.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Then get together with 10 or so of your closest friends and their wives and submit a definition to MSP for inclusion into COMAR.
    Herm....

IANAL. But would that even help? I saw someone talking about the COMAR "open adjustment/suggestion/comment" period that occurs annually. Would this even come close to helping a future suit? If the 2A exists outside the home (and even the CA4 admitted that it does, they just said it isn't core to the right), then should we not at least see equal protection and application of the law? How can you that when it isn't even codified?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Or, we could just use the transcripts of countless folks who articulated reasons at HPRB hearings only to have them rejected out of hand.

Results would likely be the same. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom