• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    They aren't far from me, Unless they happen to have older rifles that come in on consignment they would probably never get my business with a 75.00 min transfer fee.

v4kerker

Mar 23, 2014
    Crownsville, MD
    This afternoon, I did a search on Blue Label dealers in my area and big as dog-poop there is just one up the road.

Anyone know anything about Worth A Shot, checked the IP's and they are not a member?

http://worth-a-shot.com/

platoonDaddy Worth-A-Shot deals/works with On-Target to complete some of their training classes. I'm guessing Worth-A-Shot for classroom and On-Target for live fire.

I did my HQL finger prints there and some hands on shopping with no trigger guards unlike BP. Was there last week and they said the store is moving to the end of the strip.

If they're local to you I hope you can help support there small business. I feel they do more to help us locally then the big box stores.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    I agree with pretty much everything thats been said. I did my HQL with them. It did cost a little more to do it with them, but the convenience of being able to do everything (fingerprints including) in one location at the same time was worth the extra money as far as I am concerned. I also purchased my first handgun with them. Again, Im sure I could have shopped around and found a better price somewhere, but they are good people, the treated me well, and I like that I was able to support a small family owned local business.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    They have Serbian AK pistols for $600 (for sure industrial strength), when you factor the on-line price of around $500 and the FFL transfer, they are in the game.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    platoonDaddy Worth-A-Shot deals/works with On-Target to complete some of their training classes. I'm guessing Worth-A-Shot for classroom and On-Target for live fire.
    After a many year absence, I got another membership at On-Target.
    Was going to do the training excempt HQL thru them, but even as a member they wouldn't let me register for the class without physically stopping by?....
    Worth-a-Shot is close to my work and the convenience outweighed any additional costs

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    After a many year absence, I got another membership at On-Target.

Was going to do the training excempt HQL thru them, but even as a member they wouldn't let me register for the class without physically stopping by?....

Worth-a-Shot is close to my work and the convenience outweighed any additional costs

I believe On Target uses Worth-a-Shot for their HQL class. If that's the case, I'd pass. MSAR is only $20, and their instructor is a great guy. Also, MSAR lets you sign up online.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I bought my last blue label from them, they are nice people. They were 25 dollars more then what cop shop wanted but I didn't have to drive into the city, not that Sams shop is that bad to get to. Anyways, I paid $450 for my Gen 4 plus the fees and will probably be buying another from them as my Christmas present.

Pretty sure that's because cop shop prices aren't blue label? I think he entered into an agreement with Glock to have low prices if he agreed to not sell any other gun line. Something like that.
    Worth-a-shot price is probably the true blue label price. But the BL program says generally prices are 75-100 under retail.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Pretty sure that's because cop shop prices aren't blue label? I think he entered into an agreement with Glock to have low prices if he agreed to not sell any other gun line. Something like that.
    Worth-a-shot price is probably the true blue label price. But the BL program says generally prices are 75-100 under retail.

Cop shop charges exactly what is on the blue label pricing sheet from Glock. He's one of the only ones in the area that does. Everyone else charges 25 or more over the blue label pricing. AT least for GSSF guns, which is a blue label gun.

Pretty sure a couple of the blue label dealers in MD actually get their guns from the cop shop, which would explain why they mark them up from the suggested pricing from Glock.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I believe On Target uses Worth-a-Shot for their HQL class. If that's the case, I'd pass. MSAR is only $20, and their instructor is a great guy. Also, MSAR lets you sign up online.

On Target uses Worth a shot for finger printing for the HQL classes .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Cop shop charges exactly what is on the blue label pricing sheet from Glock. He's one of the only ones in the area that does. Everyone else charges 25 or more over the blue label pricing. AT least for GSSF guns, which is a blue label gun.

Pretty sure a couple of the blue label dealers in MD actually get their guns from the cop shop, which would explain why they mark them up from the suggested pricing from Glock.

Now that makes sense. I just wonder why Glock is all he sells?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

From Sam I purchased: G26, G17 and two G34's and always paid over the price quoted from Glock for Blue Label.

Glock emailed be two weeks ago the price list in PDF format for Blue Label and G19 is $398.20 After factoring in the FFL transfer cost, it is cheaper to purchase locally.

Don't know how to post a PDF file, could email if you wanted a copy.

Just checked Sam web page and he is selling G19 for $425, which is $26 and change over Glock direct sales: http://www.copshopmd.com/glock-l-e-prices.html Don't forget Sam also forces you to purchase a bore lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom