• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 4, 2013
    come Oct 1 what will happen ?
    I already have a deposit on one now with receipt, will I be able to pick up if after OCT 1 ?

It has two 7 round magazines, no one mag holds more than 10, magazine tubes must be switched via a switch.

where does law stand with KSG ?

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    (means nothing to you since you are good to go prior to october)

that is an interesting take on that particular unobtanium

I would opine that nobody really knows for sure. it depends on what the AG would try to pursue someone for and which judge ruled on the test case.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I believe it will be banned based on its length, just over 26 inches. I would also bet that they would consider the entire capacity of then weapon, so the dual mag tubes would not create a loop hole, but we will have to wait and see.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    (means nothing to you since you are good to go prior to october)

that is an interesting take on that particular unobtanium

I would opine that nobody really knows for sure. it depends on what the AG would try to pursue someone for and which judge ruled on the test case.

Hard to find, but not quite unobtanium, I've gotten 5 of them this year so far.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    According to the law, DDDEANJOHNSON's post here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=114585

"See pages 11-12: A semiautomatic shotgun will be banned as an assault/copycat weapon if it has either a folding stock or a revolving cylinder."

So would the KSG even be impacted by the ban? It's only 26" long, but does the length restriction apply to shotguns?

You may have a point, but not being a lawyer, I'm just giving an opinion of how it will all shake out.

I am quite sure that no matter what gets signed, there will be lots of tap dancing, exceptions and clarifications made by the MSP Licensing Division to address the myriad of holes and poorly written sections in this monstrosity of a bill.

If Joe Citizen can't read and understand a piece of legislation, its utter crap. (Just my rule of thumb....)

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    KSG wouldn't be touched by the ban. The fixed magazine(s) are under 10 rounds, and it's a pump-action, not a semi-auto.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    It's hard to say, some LGS won't take them now, and MSP seemed to have no clue what it was when i called and asked them. If anything gets it banned its the overall length of 26 inches. It's just a awesome bad ass shotgun....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I thought the 26 inch rule only applied to centerfire rifles, which leaves out shotguns and rimfire.

You may be confusing federal limits with the new MD limits. The KSG was designed specifically to comply with the federal limits for NFA shotguns (i.e. "short barreled shotguns").

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Firearm must be in your physical possession by oct 1, barring a court injunction. A purchase order is not good enough. That's my interpretation of what was passed last week.

Update: Sorry, after reading the "FINAL" version, a purchase order is good enough before 10/1/2013.

Last edited:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Firearm must be in your physical possession by oct 1, barring a court injunction. A purchase order is not good enough. That's my interpretation of what was passed last week.

not what i read. if you have paperwork in before Oct 1st, you are good to go.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I thought it applied to all centerfired firearms, it's all how you read the ********...

Where is your confusion? All I find about length other than pistols and time limits is:

A SEMIAUTOMATIC CENTERFIRE RIFLE THAT HAS AN
    OVERALL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 30 29 INCHES;

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The new law won't apply to the KSG for the following reasons:

It's a pump, not a semi-auto.
    Less than 29" only applies to centerfire rifles.
    No fixed magazine capacity on a shotgun.
    You have a receipt/PO already in hand before Oct 1.

Feel free to buy more and enjoy.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Where is your confusion? All I find about length other than pistols and time limits is:

A SEMIAUTOMATIC CENTERFIRE RIFLE THAT HAS AN
    OVERALL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 30 29 INCHES;

Not at all confused, I just see where they are going with it. It's not written very clearly. I would rather not go any further in a public forum on how I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom