• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Any of you guys still have revolvers? I remember the days when colt and S&W made revolvers out of cold blues steel. That deep dark blue with the mirror shine and rich black deep sheen that looked like you were staring into the waters of some deep lake.

Nowadays, everything's got a rail and is made of alloys, plastic, or crumpled aluminum foil.

I'm just an old fart with high cholesterol and one too g*ddam many Clint Eastwood movies in my gut. Maybe I'm the last guy on the planet who's got an affinity for the royal blue Python or a itty bitty Detective's special but them days of the wheel gun hold a vivid and nostalgic memory of the classic rimmed cartridge.

Enough ranting, my Palm pilot's going off, gonna mix up some Tang, Rosanne, Rosanadana is on TV (as soon as the Osmonds wrap up), and Im gonna take the station wagon to fotomat and get some film for my Polaroid.

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    I have an old 9-shot 22 pistol from the 50s it looks kinda like what you're talking about, I don't think it has the wavy colors like you're thinking of though. DA pull is a pain, but SA is real nice.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I'm developing a real craving for more wheelguns - only two now, an H&R .22 and an SP101 (.357) snubbie, but there's one specific S&W calling me. And I can tell this is only the beginning...

A well-crafted revolver is just such a beautiful piece of machinery, how could you not appreciate them?

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    Any of you guys still have revolvers?

I counted up revos and bottom feeders and came up with about the same number of rimfire revos and bottom feeders, but when I counted centerfire guns, I have just over twice as many revos as bottom feeders. Some are old line blued guns, but the more recent ones are predominantly stainless, which I prefer.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Funny you ask. I have a SW 640-1, I'm thinking of divesting for a single action revolver. Not sure what single action but I want something good to go with my Henry Big Boy. Love wheel guns..

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I don't think these revolver guys are forum members. But, than again... :innocent0

Attachments

• MuppetRawkRevolver Edit.jpg
      MuppetRawkRevolver Edit.jpg
      125.5 KB · Views: 823

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I'm hijacking this thread for a bit:
    What do you think about the Ruger Alaskan?

I went through a purge selling many of my guns to cut down on the number of calibers.
    After buikding back up the minimal necessary number of guns in minimal calibers, only gun I'm missing is a 45LC.

Im thinking of a 45LC/ACP Redhawk or an Alaskan...
    Alaskan just looks mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom