• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Helpinghand

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 3, 2016
    MA
    Equal treatment

And people wonder why law abiding citizens are wary of police.

Equal treatment is a myth. the people in power(Gov.) will always use to defend their cause of imposing rule over its citizens.

They (Gov) do not want us having guns, why would they want us with ideas!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Im sorry the guy who lives with his mom had his AR taken. That sucks. But to cast a net over an entire department of hard working officers and civilians...downright ignorant. All I have to say other than I'm SURE we have the whole truth from the OP.........

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    I've found most on MDS to be reasonable and insightful people. If the story sounds a little weird, there's a reason for that.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Another theory: guy is having a medical emergency, medics show up, he's not exactly cooperative, they see guns in plain view, flip out and the cavalry is en route.

I'll echo other sentiments that we have nowhere near the whole (or actual) story.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    He did say that he was having chest pains, made an emergency call, and was lying on the ground when BCPD entered his house.

Sounds like an emergency situation to me. If I'm having a heart attack, I may not be able to go around and put guns away.

Enough of an emergency where you couldn't put the guns away, or at least out of sight, but not enough of an emergency where he still had the capacity to argue with the cop when he came in?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Unless Im remembering incorrectly, Tech Branch Letters may only apply to the recipient. If the recipient is not you, you may want to start writing a letter, or have an Attorney draft one.

I may be remembering wrong (ill have to check when I get home), but I think ATF reversed their opinion about installing non pistol receiver extensions on pistols. I may be wrong though.

The entire story seems odd, but it would be unfair to comment as I dont think we have all of the details.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Unless Im remembering incorrectly, Tech Branch Letters may only apply to the recipient. If the recipient is not you, you may want to start writing a letter, or have an Attorney draft one.

I may be remembering wrong (ill have to check when I get home), but I think ATF reversed their opinion about installing non pistol receiver extensions on pistols. I may be wrong though.

The entire story seems odd, but it would be unfair to comment as I dont think we have all of the details.
    You have lots of love letters from the atf, don't you? ;) :D

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Enough of an emergency where you couldn't put the guns away, or at least out of sight, but not enough of an emergency where he still had the capacity to argue with the cop when he came in?

^^^ This. Plus, the OP said his mother was there, and even if he were not able to do it himself, he could have asked her to put the gun out of sight. That just seems like common sense to me.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    . However, this is Maryland. Maryland police would be among the first in the nation to willfully enforce door to door searches/seizures of firearms. They can suck my tiddly widdly from behind.

Don't think that would work out the way they would think if that actually tried to do it.

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    BCPD does first respond if it sounds serious. 4 times last year when deb was 911 to hospital, they came to first respond. Were very nice and professional. Just my experience

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Look at post #18 in this thread. I'm guessing the house or OP was flagged as a hazard.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=126988

Whoa. good catch.

Something doesn't add up.
    Oh... It's adding up alright.
    Im sorry the guy who lives with his mom had his AR taken. That sucks. But to cast a net over an entire department of hard working officers and civilians...downright ignorant. All I have to say other than I'm SURE we have the whole truth from the OP.........

I appears that many firearms have been taken from a certain house...

And none of them were worth the effort or cost to recover...

And they were taken by BCPD during times when the OP was unable to do anything... Suicidal report causes Emergency Petition, Heart Problem... Bad Policeman... Bad Detective...

And they can't put anything on the Internet if it isn't true...
    Bon jour :shrug:

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Law enforcement is always right and the law abiding citizens is always wrong. If the police want our guns then give it to them
    and if you resist you know what will happen next, notify your next of kin.

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    This just reeks of stupidity on the part of the OP. What did he think would happen with out-of-control law enforcement and our Maryland state government? Good thing they did not shoot first and ask questions later. If the OP had enough wits about him to question the cops once they seized his property, perhaps he should have hidden the pistol first (or had someone else do it). Good luck getting it back. Wake up people! These "first responders" are not your friends.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    This just reeks of stupidity on the part of the OP. What did he think would happen with out-of-control law enforcement and our Maryland state government? Good thing they did not shoot first and ask questions later. If the OP had enough wits about him to question the cops once they seized his property, perhaps he should have hidden the pistol first (or had someone else do it). Good luck getting it back. Wake up people! These "first responders" are not your friends.

It seems the lesson here is that if you're having chest pains you don't want your local police to assist for fear that they might shoot first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom