MD Machinegun registration - perpetually Pending?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I need help with my annual machine gun registration. I have a MAC and use Safari which the MSP web site doesn't work with. When I try to download IE I keep getting msgs that it is not compatible with OS. How do you MAC users do your registrations?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I need help with my annual machine gun registration. I have a MAC and use Safari which the MSP web site doesn't work with. When I try to download IE I keep getting msgs that it is not compatible with OS. How do you MAC users do your registrations?

I used Safari on my Mini (with the latest OS) without a problem. At least IIRC. I may have used Firefox. Getting older sucks, but it beats the alternative.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I used Safari on my Mini (with the latest OS) without a problem. At least IIRC. I may have used Firefox. Getting older sucks, but it beats the alternative.

According to their site it only works with IE. I wasn't able to get past the first step.

Went to the library tonite and used their PC and IE and got it done. Not the simplest site to navigate. Very basic and primitive. Got the pending notice but did print the receipt for proof. When asked about the previous owner I just put the business name in the first block and left everything else blank. Hope it floats.

Last edited:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Machine guns that I registered by paper at the beginning of this year were apparently added to my MSP "passport" on their website by MSP themselves and it says ACTIVE. Last week I registered two more guns I picked up after the move to electronic only registration which are now pending and have a new license number.

I e-mailed MSP asking them to consolidate the registration for their records but I did not receive a response. I also included a correction for their transcription from paper to electronic format which they did not do correctly.

The website does say that if it says PENDING not to worry.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Same here. I called Ashley at MSP Licensing Division on Friday and they apparently had some apps get screwed up with the new online system. My guess they had problems with some entry fields by the way she was explaining the issue. They didn't consider it a big deal.

If anyone is still having a "Pending" status, please call the licensing division to make sure they got everything. They'll be able to see on their system all the details, but may need some clarification. Ph: 410-653-4621

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The bad thing about this system is that it will probably flag when people don't comply. The way the previous system was run, no one seemed like they even had a clue. It took them 10 months to process my letter last year. MSP had better things to do than worry about this stupid paperwork requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom