• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I know there were several members who got denied with the recent SBR "misunderstanding", has anyone actually gotten their money back yet?

Its been over 100 days since my SBR denial Back in January. Still no refund. I tried to call last Friday and as soon as I said I was inquiring about a refund status, the guy transferred me to a number that didn't even ring - just went straight to voicemail. So I left a message, but no one has called me back. (didn't really expect anyone too).

Over 3 months is a little ridiculous.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Those of you who have used a credit card to pay for the stamp (eforms), did you receive a refund on your credit card or an actual check in the mail?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    If you used a CC couldn't you just dispute it and get an instant credit?

I thought about that, but than... well it's taxes, and therefore I choose to pick my battles when it comes to uncle sam. It's wrong I know, but I eventually got my stamp, so f-it!

Never got a refund back on one of my earlier disapproved <29" OAL rimfire SBR builds. It's been over 200 days now, so it's not coming.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I had a batch of 4-5 e-files denied in one of the many confusing deny-everything periods and it took 3-4 months for the refund to show up. 200 days does seem extreme so I would email them. That will also take weeks but I think they will eventually resolve it.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Yurp. I got the stamp for the rimfire SBR and got the ATF examiners to understand that rimfire SBR's are exempt from the less than 29" OAL rule, so I consider it a victory overall. I got better things to do then waste my life on the phone for hours talking to another person that hates their job.

Same here. I'm glad I was able to be the test-case that finally turned the tide for the rimfire AR-15 SBR thing.

I haven't gotten my January 20th denial refund yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom