• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    And just what good would that do? Do you think Ignatz Q. Citizen, reading about it in the Crab Wrapper, would care?

Yeah, you're right. We should just give up on regaining our right to defend ourself and loved ones.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Yeah, you're right. We should just give up on regaining our right to defend ourself and loved ones.

My hope would be that BeoBill was attempting to suggest that a more effective use of time and resources be employed and I would further hope that BeoBill has some ideas on what that might entail.

I would agree with the notion that diving into the minutiae of good and substantial as it relates to politicians versus lawyers versus doctors will not resonate with everyday people.

Now, show an image of a frightened woman with two small children with the caption "Bobby Zirkin doesn't believe that defending families from violent criminals is "good and substantial"" or "Bobby Zirkin wants to protect violent predators from you, instead of letting you protect yourself from them"... Now that'll turn some heads. Include a link to SB100 (or its iteration for the time).

Reframe the debate: this isn't an argument between gun owners defending the Constitution and public safety advocates (hint: most people don't actually care about that - it's boring to them); it's an argument between people who care more about the lives of violent predators than about the lives of women and children. Simplify the message until it fits into a 3-second sound bite and hits everyone close to home.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I don't do Facebook and I don't use Twitter, but I hear they are all the rage. Why not hit Zirkin's accounts with these issues and let his "followers" know what is going on? Sure, most are probably like minded and won't care, but there may be a few who do. It'll also probably get shut down fairly quickly, but may be worth the effort to let him know we're coming for him.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I don't do Facebook and I don't use Twitter, but I hear they are all the rage. Why not hit Zirkin's accounts with these issues and let his "followers" know what is going on? Sure, most are probably like minded and won't care, but there may be a few who do. It'll also probably get shut down fairly quickly, but may be worth the effort to let him know we're coming for him.

It's been effective several times.

I'm not on InstaTwitFace either, but hey... If it works, have at it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's been effective several times.

I'm not on InstaTwitFace either, but hey... If it works, have at it.

Get this guy

GreatGazoo.gif

noidea01

May 7, 2014
    i dont do them either but i just created a twitter account to find his page but all i can find is a md senate democrats page and other pages that mention him but no page just for him

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Zirkin's district election results (Just from the precincts in Zirkin's district http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/election_data/index.html ):

State Senator
    Bobby A. Zirkin 22,983 97.4%
    Other Write-Ins 604 2.6%

Governor
    Anthony G. Brown 13,139 43.0%
    Larry Hogan 17,440 57.0%

He won because he was unopposed, but district 11 went for Hogan.

I am not sure it's up to Zirkin whether this gets out of committee. I think its up to M&M whether they want this on the Senate/House Floor.

I'm one of the write ins! I had all my friends vote for me. I wonder how many of the 604 were mine?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Jack's testimony made the JFPO email update.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]` [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    How you can help support JPFO
    Join JPFO
    The JPFO Order Line
    (800) 486-6963
    Office Hours CST.
    [FONT=&quot]SEEING THE LIGHT[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]March 27th 2015[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Former Commander of MD
    Gun Licensing Explains
    Why He Was Wrong
    About Gun Owners[/FONT]

How you can help support JPFO
    The JPFO Order Line
    (800) 486-6963
    Office Hours CST.

[FONT=&quot]About JPFO [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Site Links [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]The BoR Page. [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]JPFO 25 Years [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Alerts Archive [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Is this email not displaying correctly?
    View it in your browser on JPFO.[/FONT]

A change of heart and seeing the light - a refreshing admission that previous views held concerning concealed carry and gun crime could be misplaced.

[FONT=&quot]Posted by Bob Owens on March 16th, 2015. Source Page[/FONT]

md-police-logo-173x203.jpg
    Retired Maryland state police officer Captain Jack McCauley gave some powerful testimony to the Maryland Senate in support of Concealed Carry reform, and gives great compliments to the gun rights community for not just their knowledge of the law, but for knowing how to fix the problems with the law.
    You'll note that he reached out to Moms Demand Action to discuss reasonable, common sense gun laws... and they responded to him with silence. Listen to Captain McCauley's address in video below, (click on image to view in site alert page):
    (Video - Published on Mar 14, 2015)
    Want an easy way to keep track of what's going on, not only here at JPFO, but in the gun-rights world? Check out JPFO's own special Twitter, and Facebook feeds, Plus, our JPFO Blog.
    [FONT=&quot]
    btn_donate_SM.gif
    pixel.gif
    [/FONT]​
    smallline.gif
    Yours in Freedom, The Liberty Crew at JPFO
    Protecting you by creating solutions to destroy "gun control"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    ~~~~~
    smallline-17.gif
    [FONT=&quot]Copyright © 2015 JPFO.ORG, All rights reserved. http://jpfo.org/[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    jpfo@jpfo.org
    12500 NE 10th Pl | Bellevue | WA 98005 | (800) 869-1884 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]12500 NE 10th Pl
    Bellevue Washington 98005
    USA [/quote]

o
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Unreal.

Disgusting the way it really works.....

Before any anti gun law is passed or any common sense gun law is passed by this GA, I'd tell them to take a basic pistol operation class and a basic rifle and shotgun classes. Just as familiarizatrion. Like many of us already do.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not shitting where you eat is the first issue. I don't blame Jack (or any other career LEO) for not pushing back. Family needs to eat, people have bills, lives to live. These guys are taking orders that ultimately come all the way from the top.....

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Why aren't there more people trying to change things internally with how the laws are currently written? Sort of like what is happening on the HPRB now. I can't believe that everyone is Anti-2A in government.

The people that are changing things on the HPRB are new people put in by Hogan. In many places in the gov there are still Omalley people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom