• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Gonna shoot Thursday too. Headed to walmart for more tulammo.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I've shot some tula, and I haven't had anything negative about it, no more than I'd say about federal or s&b. Not like I'm a good enough shooter that the ammo makes a difference with a pistol.

tommygun4hire

Feb 21, 2012
    Salisbury MD.
    i find it very inexpensive to reload if you purchase surplus pulled bullets for 5.56 or 308
    i also always check the local classified for people selling off reloading supplies cheap.
    you can experiment with different loads and weight projectiles for different situations.
    plus i get to hide from the wife and kids for hours on end in my loading room/man cave when the house gets a little too noisy.
    i also get alot of brass from the range.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I dont even reload and I collect brass lol If you are shooting a gun that I know people reload and you are throwing the brass out I go get it 10mm 45 colt 45-70 I traded some of that brass for a box of ammo win win

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I dont even reload and I collect brass lol If you are shooting a gun that I know people reload and you are throwing the brass out I go get it 10mm 45 colt 45-70 I traded some of that brass for a box of ammo win win

Yea I plan to reload 45 colt, but I collect .223 brass and stuff. Once I get like 500 rds of brass .223 I'll Karma it off for a reloader.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I may start bringing an empty ammo can with me to pick up my 9mm brass, eventually I'll reload for it, just because that's part of what I want to get into eventually.

Spoon

Oct 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    I think a pistol would be very needed in SHTF if you need to conceal. You might not be able to walk around with a rifle and a giant military rucksack without getting unwanted attention.

So who's going to be building their own "Desperato" guitar case guns?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Saturday, I will be running my press and will hopefully be cranking out about 500 .223 rounds. I got my shipment from Midway, 1000 .224" bullets. I'm going to load up all of the primed brass I have, then I'm going to try the Lee safety primer system on my turret press.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    I have been reloading and stocking store bought:
    9mm Luger LRN, FMJ
    .40 S&W Plated, FMJ, HP
    .45ACP LRN, FMJ, HP,
    762.39 Mix of brands
    762X54R Mix of brands
    .38 Special FMJ
    762X25 surplus
    9mm Mak
    12ga slug and shot
    8mm Surplus
    22lr mixed
    .303 Brit Mixed

Reloading only Pistol right now because I shoot that the most. Of my pistol reload rounds like keeping at least 3K in stock. Rifle i like to have about 1K in stock except 762X39, That is getting up there around 3500 rounds. Like others I like to purchase 1 box a week and reload sometimes 200 to 300 a week. Depends on time and brass/bullet supply.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I buy ammo in calibers I will shoot. I have found that buying ammo when there is a good deal on what you want works a lot better than trying to buy ammo when you want to go shooting.
    So many times when we have money for ammo we do not have time to shoot. When we have time to go shooting we do not always have money for ammo, or the extra time to shop around for it.

That's how I do it...

Little here, little there when prices are good... just leave a little there for the next guy!

ETA... For those interested, Cabela's in Wheeling was well-stocked late last week, and prices were still pretty "normal".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom