• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ohhhh juicy......I'm co fused but intrigued.

Did I mention

BOOM

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Gee.. Been a member for years and I AM A MINORITY!

SLSC has been my second home. Everyone is treated equally and with respect!

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    As the property owner of Sanners Lake and Sportsmans Club, I can say that I saw this coming! In past years there was a president that was voted out of his position. If he had not been voted out, the club was closing. There was a ton of animosity.There were many threats made to our family as well as the club.This person moved out of state for a number of years and has now returned to the area and has recently tried to rejoin the club. I cant tell the club who can and cant be a member, but I can promise you that if this individual has access to the property, the clubs days are numbered. With that said, I am pretty sure that this is clearly his retaliation. just keep in mind that as he is bringing up a discrimination issue, he is a past president. Furthermore, I have no problem taking legal action if I find that this individual is indeed behind this.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Dear Vernon Gray,

You wouldn't by chance be trying to stir up some stink because the club banned you from the property would you?

You deliberately came here on the forum to say a falsehood that you know is untrue with an intent to cause harm.

You know those are basically the three hallmarks of a successful slander suit right?

Wow the truth comes out! I guess the Butthurt runs deep in this one. I'm glad he was busted.

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    That range, Carroll County, all I have been to, are all quite prejudiced... Against unsafe actions, idiots who don't understand safety, range rules, what an RSO is, yea, lots of bias out there. THANK GOD! Not only that, they (we) even try to change people! But those who don't learn, can't learn, or just plain seem to remain in the above categories, yea, we don't like them types and dont want them around!

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Three years ago I moved here from New York. I have been looking for a place to shoot. I have heard of the Sanner's Lake Sportman's Club in St. Mary's County. However, I have also heard that this club has a long history of racial discrimination against African-Americans, and that it continues to do so. I would not want to be associated with a club that is doing so behind closed doors. Is it true?
    Get your facts at a meeting not
    from a lying real estate broker.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have heard that real estate agents are stupid and some minorities like to mislead and goad people into discussions to claim racism.

Is it true? :sad20:

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    As the property owner of Sanners Lake and Sportsmans Club, I can say that I saw this coming! In past years there was a president that was voted out of his position. If he had not been voted out, the club was closing. There was a ton of animosity.There were many threats made to our family as well as the club.This person moved out of state for a number of years and has now returned to the area and has recently tried to rejoin the club. I cant tell the club who can and cant be a member, but I can promise you that if this individual has access to the property, the clubs days are numbered. With that said, I am pretty sure that this is clearly his retaliation. just keep in mind that as he is bringing up a discrimination issue, he is a past president. Furthermore, I have no problem taking legal action if I find that this individual is indeed behind this.

As a new member, I can say that there's no way the club could even know what to discriminate against. There's nowhere in the application that would suggest a person's race.

Also, thank you for letting us use your property. The vast majority of us respect the huge gift your family has given and hope you'll have us as guests for many years.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    SLSC is about as racist as a rainstorm.

And I'd also like to add my thanks to the Sanner family for their support over the years. They've been excellent landlords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom