• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From 281 under permits:

[FONT=&quot]7 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]([/FONT][FONT=&quot]D[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E [/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ECRETARY MAY ISSUE A HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]W[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ITHOUT AN ADDITIONAL APPLICATION OR FEE[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]O A PERSON WHO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]9 [/FONT][FONT=&quot](1) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]M[/FONT][FONT=&quot]EETS THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF A PERMIT[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]0 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]UND[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]R THIS SECTION[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]AND[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 [/FONT][FONT=&quot](2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ES NOT HAVE A HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE ISSUED[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]UND[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]R [/FONT][FONT=&quot]§ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]5–117.1 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]O[/FONT][FONT=&quot]F THIS TITLE[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    To expand on the concept from post #46, does that mean an 18-20yo wear & Carry permit holder can recieve an HQL ? (And yes 18yo can get a carry permit in Md.)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well, the statute says "person who qualifies for a permit."

I'd think that with no specific exceptions they could. But what could tye do with it? You have to be 21 to purchase a handgun.

IANAL.

statewide

Dec 19, 2014
    You can not purchase or transfer a handgun in MD without a HQL.

When you finish your CCW class, you can get your HQL, but still have to pay the $50 to MSP.

If you wait until you receive your Carry Permit, your license number will let you apply for a HQL for free.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I've been CCW'ing for less than a year so still trying to find my way. I owned 3 guns prior to 2013. I'm some where around 70 now. I'd break it down as:

20 guns- never shot
    50 guns- 1-3 mags shot and that's it
    5 guns- CCW guns so a few hundred though each

Honestly, shooting isn't my thing. My son was born so I got a CCW to protect my family. In doing so, figured I better get familiar with what I carry so that's how it started. Then when I see some thing cool, I just end up buying it. Tuesday I picked up my LC9, went online to find some mags and ended up buying a AR pistol. The month before that I was looking at AR pistols in the classifieds and ended up buying a AK pistol because I didn't see any AR's. It's a problem but shooting is most likely my cheapest hobby so the wife doesn't mind. Mix that in with what she doesn't know won't hurt her as well and some how or another I keep buying guns. Not a bad thing right? LOL!

Holly...

I thought I went nuts.. and broke...
    But how in the h.all did you find 70 guns in. 2013?

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Was not aware having a carry permit could get me a HQL so painlessly lol i knew owning a Reg firearm pre 10/13 i was training exempt but ive been dragging my feet lol

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I've been CCW'ing for less than a year so still trying to find my way. I owned 3 guns prior to 2013. I'm some where around 70 now. I'd break it down as:

20 guns- never shot
    50 guns- 1-3 mags shot and that's it
    5 guns- CCW guns so a few hundred though each

Honestly, shooting isn't my thing. My son was born so I got a CCW to protect my family. In doing so, figured I better get familiar with what I carry so that's how it started. Then when I see some thing cool, I just end up buying it. Tuesday I picked up my LC9, went online to find some mags and ended up buying a AR pistol. The month before that I was looking at AR pistols in the classifieds and ended up buying a AK pistol because I didn't see any AR's. It's a problem but shooting is most likely my cheapest hobby so the wife doesn't mind. Mix that in with what she doesn't know won't hurt her as well and some how or another I keep buying guns. Not a bad thing right? LOL!

Want to adopt a old man ? I'll help you shoot everything . Per my wife I am anal about cleaning the weapons after a trip to the range:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom