• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Very true, but I re-read this thread and didn't read anybody advocating breaking the law.

This was the quote, emphasis is mine;

Obey most of the laws; if you deem it necessary to tote, then do it. It's your life; don't fiddle with your well being.

To a reasonable person in Maryland where it's very difficult to get a carry permit, that's pretty much saying, regardless of the law, do what you feel is safe/best for you, including carrying a weapon.....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Crazy isn't it! Interestingly enough, the trooper that did my CCW interview showed me how to get my free HQL.
    I remembered it being mentioned here, but wouldn't have know I could go right to the site like that. I've refrained from buying a few things over this......:(

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This was the quote, emphasis is mine;

Obey most of the laws; if you deem it necessary to tote, then do it. It's your life; don't fiddle with your well being.

To a reasonable person in Maryland where it's very difficult to get a carry permit, that's pretty much saying, regardless of the law, do what you feel is safe/best for you, including carrying a weapon.....

which IMO is bad advice.

especially if you get convicted of a felony and your right to own a firearm is denied.
    So much for the God given right to defend yourself. I am not advocating breaking the law but I hear what Lew was saying. If you are in immediate jeopardy with no other alternative do you willingly die or do you break the law to save your life? Worth pondering for sure.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Thanks to swinokur, less than 24 hours later and my HQL is "Active", guess it'll be in the mail soon. I would have never know it was that easy, been dicking around for a year toiling over if I should get one or not, never knew I was already qualified!

Very cool:

HQL Permit Exempt
    Program: Firearms Services License Number: HQL-XXXX-XXXXXX License Status: Active
    Certification Date: 1/20/2015 Expiration Date: 1/19/2025

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thanks to swinokur, less than 24 hours later and my HQL is "Active", guess it'll be in the mail soon. I would have never know it was that easy, been dicking around for a year toiling over if I should get one or not, never knew I was already qualified!

Very cool:

HQL Permit Exempt
    Program: Firearms Services License Number: HQL-XXXX-XXXXXX License Status: Active
    Certification Date: 1/20/2015 Expiration Date: 1/19/2025
    The easiest and most painless violation of your rights ever (applies to MD permit holders only). ;)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The easiest and most painless violation of your rights ever (applies to MD permit holders only). ;)

Whatever it is, only difference to me is for the next 10 years I can legally purchase handguns in this State. They already have my prints, photos, address(es), names of my friends and business partners, home and cell phone numbers and have reviewed my mental health records.

All I did yesterday morning was a few mouse clicks and some data entry, didn't even cost me a dime.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Whatever it is, only difference to me is for the next 10 years I can legally purchase handguns in this State. They already have my prints, photos, address(es), names of my friends and business partners, home and cell phone numbers and have reviewed my mental health records.

All I did yesterday morning was a few mouse clicks and some data entry, didn't even cost me a dime.
    I must admit I bought a couple of handguns after getting the HQL. Of course I still view it as a major infringement.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    See post 34/by PJ...
    What he said.

5 minutes flat start to finish, less than a full day later mine was approved. Figure, they already have anything they could possibly want from us information wise.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I've been CCW'ing for less than a year so still trying to find my way. I owned 3 guns prior to 2013. I'm some where around 70 now. I'd break it down as:

20 guns- never shot
    50 guns- 1-3 mags shot and that's it
    5 guns- CCW guns so a few hundred though each

Honestly, shooting isn't my thing. My son was born so I got a CCW to protect my family. In doing so, figured I better get familiar with what I carry so that's how it started. Then when I see some thing cool, I just end up buying it. Tuesday I picked up my LC9, went online to find some mags and ended up buying a AR pistol. The month before that I was looking at AR pistols in the classifieds and ended up buying a AK pistol because I didn't see any AR's. It's a problem but shooting is most likely my cheapest hobby so the wife doesn't mind. Mix that in with what she doesn't know won't hurt her as well and some how or another I keep buying guns. Not a bad thing right? LOL!

It is an awesone thing. What in the h3ll do you do for a living? I must be in the wrong line of work. 67 guns since 2013? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom