• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Try another browser if you can. It loads fine for me in Chrome with Ghostery and AdBlock installed.

I'm going to try my hand at writing a response.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Well, I live in NE Baltimore and have an AR-15. However, I am not a felon (unlike the shooter). I would agree that parking can be an issue on some of the narrow residential streets and there always seems to be one guy who is extra douchy about parking.

I have talked to Dan Rodricks before on his WYPR show. He edited my retorts for his podcast.

I would personally love to sit down with Rodricks and have an honest conversation about guns, violence, and crime in Baltimore.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Oh, and this gem:

http://www.citypaper.com/blogs/the-...f-tweeting-baltimore-20150104,0,1176582.story

Like most "Progressives" Rodricks is notoriously thin skinned and simply censors any commentary he doesn't like. God, I would have his lunch in an interview.

I reread the article. Notice how Rodricks glosses over the fact the guns were stolen. He pretty quickly jumps to 'But what if they weren't stolen'. Yeah Dan, what "if"? But they were. Which also accounts for most of the illegal guns on the streets. 100% of stolen cars used in crimes were stolen. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Stolen by a convicted felon who then used it in a crime.

Theft is illegal.
    Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon is illegal.
    Murder is illegal.
    Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime makes the murder double-illegal.

Sounds like there's all anyone needs to know. None of the 20k laws on the books stopped him, why would one more?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just more of Rodericks trying find someone else to blame other than the obvious bad guy. It's not enough that two guys are dead, he had to play its for the children too. The war on illegal drugs has gone so well he seems to want to divert resources to start a war on legal firearms. Makes the same kind of sense he always makes.:sad20:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Theft is illegal.
    Murder is illegal.

Sounds like there's all anyone needs to know. None of the 20k laws on the books stopped him, why would one more?

This.

Criminals don't follow laws. It is the very definition of a criminal. ;)

I also like the paragraph where he says if the guy didn't have guns, everyone would still be alive. BS. There are knives, bats, rocks, golf clubs, all kinds of instruments which can be used to murder someone. Nobody intent on harm has ever said "Darn, I don't have a gun....guess I can't hurt anyone".

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

Theft is illegal.
    Murder is illegal.

Sad but true! There is too much common sense in that post for the liberals to comprehend!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Theft is illegal.
    Murder is illegal.

I am SURE that our new AG Brian Frosh will weight in on this since he supported Villario's defeat of a gun crimes amendment to FSA 2013 with some backroom arm twisting and a procedurally illegal 're-vote' after the amendment was passed.

MD Dems Break Procedure to Push Easter Weekend Gun Grab

Listen to the WHOLE broadcast on the WMAL podcast. This should be posted with the response.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    If a tiger attacked a child, we wouldn't put it in a cage for a short period of time, claim later it had been rehabilitated, and then release it back into the city. Whether he would of attacked and killed these people without guns is pure speculation. If we could know that, then we could also know that it was not safe to allow him to walk free in the city. We could argue that declawing the tiger would help, but in the end we'd still have a tiger on the loose. If laws prevented crime, then none would be committed, we wouldn't need police to enforce them or prisons for those who break them.

As they say, you can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think. We have laws against straw purchases, but then we don't prosecute the felon's girlfriends because they had no choice. Yet if this happens just to get a discount and a legal transfer is made, they will enforce it. Now what message does that send? It's okay for felons to do this, just not everyone else. Yeah, lack of laws is the problem. A law against stupid people in positions of power is what we need.

giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    If everyday citizens were lawfully allowed to carry firearms one or more incident lives could have been saved that day. Allowing citizens to lawfully carry makes criminals like the one in this story think twice about committing such a crime, not to mention a likely reduction in other violent crime and theft. Going after the criminals is what should and needs to be done, not putting blame on the guns they used.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Looked him up on MD Case Search. DOB of 4/80. Had a 1st & 2nd degree murder charge reduced to 1st degree assault in 2004. He was released, probation after conviction on the assault charge.

In 1998 he had assault 2nd degree & battery charges dropped.

In 1996 he had 1) Assault with intent to murder, 2) Battery, 3) Intent w/Deadly Weapon all dropped, nolle prosequi.

Finally, he's been in Court recently on a Paternity case.

The gun has not been the problem with this guy. The Baltimore City District Court and/or DA's Office has this blood on their hands.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I will just add a link to a young man senselessly beaten in Baltimore to the point he was placed into a medically induced coma.
    http://www.wbaltv.com/news/man-beaten-in-downtown-baltimore-in-coma/28250760

My point would be that Baltimore criminals have no morality. The utopian society preached in Dan Rodricks' opinions have no basis in facts with respect to the criminal behavior in the city.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If a tiger attacked a child, we wouldn't put it in a cage for a short period of time, claim later it had been rehabilitated, and then release it back into the city. Whether he would of attacked and killed these people without guns is pure speculation. If we could know that, then we could also know that it was not safe to allow him to walk free in the city. We could argue that declawing the tiger would help, but in the end we'd still have a tiger on the loose. If laws prevented crime, then none would be committed, we wouldn't need police to enforce them or prisons for those who break them.

As they say, you can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think. We have laws against straw purchases, but then we don't prosecute the felon's girlfriends because they had no choice. Yet if this happens just to get a discount and a legal transfer is made, they will enforce it. Now what message does that send? It's okay for felons to do this, just not everyone else. Yeah, lack of laws is the problem. A law against stupid people in positions of power is what we need.

This is what MSI should send

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    The narrative needs to be changed from, "guns are the problem", to "the judicial system is the problem". The antis continue to beat the drum about guns being the problem to the point its a given by those who don't take their civil rights and gun ownership seriously for whatever reason. It masks any meaningful actions that could be taken to address violence involving the use of firearms. We must strive to take back the narrative and focus the discourse on the root cause(s) which in my opinion is the failure of the judicial system to deal effectively with the issue of crimes committed by criminals using guns, not the vast majority of law abiding citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom