• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    We are currently working on having two rooms reserved for us.

Currently, with the elections just occurring, we are working on figuring out who our friends are with the loss of Delegate Schmiegel. Those relationships are being formed now. As they are fostered, we will work with them to introduce bills that benefit all of us. Please keep in mind that we need to nibble at the edges of the current situation and celebrate every small victory we can get. It took many years to get where we are and will take a lot more time than we would all like to get those items back.

Don't know if anyone can replace Del Mike but our newly elected rep looks like she may try. http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0115/new-legislators-ready-for-general-assembly-open.html

Rey has as a priority amending as much as possible O’Malley’s Firearms Safety Act. She said if possible she would like to remove the provision requiring paying for training. She asked what other right under the Constitution requires payment to exercise. She said she is perfectly capable of training her kids on how to use firearms without having them pay for such training.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I took the day off, looking forward to meeting up with you guys

Excellent!

Years ago, there were very few of us, last year there were 4000 of us; by the states estimations.

This sums up how I feel:

Quote:

"The purpose of 2a tuesday is to let them know we are here and will be here year after year, regardless of what bills are up.

We are there if they decide to do something unpleasant.

We are there if they decide to do nothing at all.

We are there to move forward the issues that matter to us.

We will be there every session, regardless of the weather and we will be voting every November. We are going to keep at them until our issues are their issues and our rights are restored."

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I wish I could make it, but I've got too much going on at work. Thank you to all of those that attend.

Something to think about,,,

George Washington managed a plantation, a distillery and numerous other businesses involving dozens of people.

Each of the founding fathers not only risked their jobs, but their lives and families.

I know it's hard, I own a business too - but it would mean a great deal if you and everyone else could make the time to join us in Annapolis to fight for our rights.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    As for goals for this session?

Speaking only for myself, I think we'd be well served to stay with the "eating an elephant" approach... one bite at a time.

New GA members need to be befriended (or at least put on notice), and communication with the long-timers needs to be continued whether friend or foe.

There may be some small things we can go after, to streamline the laws, and/or reducing the encumbrance on citizens. The 7-day wait, shell casings, and the 1-shot rule for HQLs jump immediately to mind.

Big things aren't available for us IMO... not yet. So, we protect against anything that crops up, and try for little victories.

Again, this is just me thinking out loud.

:party29::thumbsup:

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Something to think about,,,

George Washington managed a plantation, a distillery and numerous other businesses involving dozens of people.

Each of the founding fathers not only risked their jobs, but their lives and families.

I know it's hard, I own a business too - but it would mean a great deal if you and everyone else could make the time to join us in Annapolis to fight for our rights.

No one can say that a person can just blow off a day of work no matter how important the reason. I am blessed to have the freedom to have a job where I set my schedule. That's why, unless I am traveling away from home, I go to every event. If I COULD go but chose not to, that would truly be a failure to walk the talk.
    When the founders put aside their private concerns to donate their time and effort to the formation of our republic, I'm sure they left other dedicated patriots behind to conduct the activities of commerce. We all must contribute in whatever way we can.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My time relies upon getting clearance from my company. If I could tell them to pound sand without sacrificing the platform to be able to do the things I can, I would. Many here are in the same boat.

Unfortunately, I won't know if I can make it until the evening of 2/9. It all depends on the workload of a major client :shrug:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Can anyone tell me if 2A Tuesday is going to be on a testimony day this year and not a day of its own? Last year we had 2A Tuesday, and testimony days in each building. Are they all separate again?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Can anyone tell me if 2A Tuesday is going to be on a testimony day this year and not a day of its own? Last year we had 2A Tuesday, and testimony days in each building. Are they all separate again?

2A Tuesday will be a day of its own, as it was last year.

It is a day of advocacy, rather than a day dedicated to testimony, as it is far too early to say if/when there will be a dedicated "gun bill day".

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I will be there as well. Off to find a blue scarf...

Well, it just so happens.........

Micro fleece hats and fleece scarfs are now available for sale at the MSI store.

https://marylandshallissue.com/products-page/page/2/

These are stock photos but represent the product. These will have the MSI logo on one end of the scarf and also on the hat.

You asked for these and here they are. These are top quality and will last. Estimated delivery time to you is Jan. 30 if ordered now.

Just in time for 2A Tuesday.

Attachments

• Fleece Hat Scarf.jpg
      Fleece Hat Scarf.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 201
    • Fleece Hat.jpg
      Fleece Hat.jpg
      23 KB · Views: 205

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    When I click on the link, I get a clean, shiny white page that says "page loaded" in the status bar at the bottom. See below. I do want to get one of the scarves, if you can shoot me a PM with an address I'll mail you a check, pick up 10 Feb would be OK.

Thanks.

Attachments

• msi.jpg
      msi.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04