• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BH8911

Jan 27, 2015
    Agree
    That's why after I get my card I'm going to exercise my right to the fullest.
    I have 1911 fever right now. and I need that stupid card to cure it.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    That's exactly why I decided to get my HQL. I'm not letting them take away my right to keep and bear arms.

This exactly is why I don't understand the folks that refuse to get an HQL. Sure, it's an unconstitutional scheme to abrogate our rights, but if you refuse, you're helping them succeed at stripping away your rights.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Also...just got off the phone with "Diane" from MSP, who had called me earlier due to a minor mistake in the application on my part...:sad20:

Just an FYI...

She said that the HQL's are printed out either on Tuesday or Thursday, and then (a day later) mailed out on Wednesday or Friday...(obviously depending on what day it was printed).

She missed today's printing for mine, so it'll be printed next Tuesday and mailed next Wednesday, according to her.

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Also...just got off the phone with "Diane" from MSP, who had called me earlier due to a minor mistake in the application on my part...:sad20:

Just an FYI...

She said that the HQL's are printed out either on Tuesday or Thursday, and then (a day later) mailed out on Wednesday or Friday...(obviously depending on what day it was printed).

She missed today's printing for mine, so it'll be printed next Tuesday and mailed next Wednesday, according to her.

Mine went Active on Tuesday, so mine should be mailed out tomorrow and here on Saturday! Fingers crossed! Now I'm just waiting on my Designated Collector.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    Mine went Active on Tuesday, so mine should be mailed out tomorrow and here on Saturday! Fingers crossed! Now I'm just waiting on my Designated Collector.
    All I can say is "good luck". Mine was dated on 1/15 but not postmarked until 1/23. Oh, and then there is that damn 7 day wait.... Getting pi$$ed off all over again!

BH8911

Jan 27, 2015
    Applied 1/12 went active today 1/30. So Glad it didn't take longer. This was driving me crazy. It's so aggravating that Maryland requires me to do this So I can exercise My RIGHT. I need to be more active about helping defend The 2nd Amendment.

Going 1911 shopping tomorrow.
    Don't even get me started about 7 day waiting.

side note MSP was pleasant and informative to talk with.

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    I thought I read on here somewhere that the "collector" status could take up to 60 days? Have you or anyone else seen/heard that?

Sadly, I did not get my HQL in the mail today. I did get my Designated Collector letter though! I mailed in on 1/19. Got today 1/31. 12 days. That was unexpected.

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Also, that brings up a question. Now that I am a Designated Collector, do I have to show the letter to the FFL during the process of purchasing multiple regulated firearms or is that not needed?

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Also, that brings up a question. Now that I am a Designated Collector, do I have to show the letter to the FFL during the process of purchasing multiple regulated firearms or is that not needed?

No, I don't think so, but I'd keep it handy, if you are dealing with a FFL that is not familiar with you. I've had one for years and have never been asked to produce it.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom