Jail Break Brewery welcomes MDShooters event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My understanding is they have "food trucks" from different companies come there (not roach-coaches).Since this is happening on one of their closed days,I'm curious as well since I get the munchies when I drink.:D

I thought I saw where Minuteman had something lined up with some pizza delivery establishments.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    SNI,

I was there last night for a Goddard homebrew club event. They had a food vendor outside that had great cheesesteaks and burgers and different kind of fries...all very good! I had a lamb cheesesteak with Old Bay fries. Excellent! They also had sodas and water. However, the only beverages I was interested were the ones produced and sold inside the building!

JoeR

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Stupid question #573,892: Is this basically just a drinking establishment/meetup? Will there be non-alcoholic stuff to drink and food?

Very good question, simple answer is unfortunately no, they don't serve food or wine or liquor or anything else for that matter; just beer - beer that they make themselves. I've seen them be very generous with tap water, and they encourage folks to bring or order food. The purpose of the brewery is primarily to make beer, everything else is secondary. They have a fairly large bar and sitting area, and it's primary purpose is for people to sample their beer and hang out and talk about their beer, or on 21 October = talk about stuff we 'MDShooters' like to talk about! :)

My understanding is they have "food trucks" from different companies come there (not roach-coaches).Since this is happening on one of their closed days,I'm curious as well since I get the munchies when I drink.:D

I thought I saw where Minuteman had something lined up with some pizza delivery establishments.

Yep, exactly. So I'm still undecided at this point, I could lay on a food truck (all of them are very popular, and very good), but I would have to front another approximately $500. My current plan is to just buy a few pizzas and leave the phone numbers of local pizza places that frequently deliver there on the tables, so anyone that wants to buy a couple pizzas for themselves/friends/anyone can do so very easily. This is the most economical and flexible option; especially since I'm not asking anyone to RSVP, and our very generous sponsors/co-hosts have already guaranteed there will be free beer for the first dozen or more folks that show up.

So, the rest of the simple answer is, feel free to bring some food. If we exceed capacity, please mingle rotating outside and inside, so everyone has a chance to grab a beer (must be consumed inside the brewery/bar area; no beer outside). Here's some great info from Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/jailbreak-brewing-company-laurel

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Are there places to sit and eat the food?

Another good question, yes.

Here's where we will be hanging out for a few hours:

jb1.JPG

There are a total of 9 tables, each table has six seats, and accommodate about 10 folks total standing and/or sitting. There is also a bar area, that can sit about 16 or so, then there is the sitting/music area, that can seat about 10 with another 20 or so hanging out. I'm sure folks will move around so everyone can have enough sitting time to hang out the entire ~3 hours we have the place.

Does that help?

I'll put all this in the Original Post when I adjust it for the 'official' announcement in a few weeks. {notice there is a mini tour of the brewery going on in the background}

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You're bringing Colt45?

The ranger's not gonna like that, Yogi...

:D:D

Now...

If it's .45 Long Colt... Dif'run stowy!!!!

Looks like Armadillofz1 beat me to it. No, Billy D will NOT be there.

SNI,

I was there last night for a Goddard homebrew club event. They had a food vendor outside that had great cheesesteaks and burgers and different kind of fries...all very good! I had a lamb cheesesteak with Old Bay fries. Excellent! They also had sodas and water. However, the only beverages I was interested were the ones produced and sold inside the building!

JoeR

That ^^^ sounds good.:D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    There's a Pizza Hut about 200 yards away and a papa johns about 500 yards away if that helps.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I work about two miles from there and wouldn't mind coming and meeting some of you I don't know (which is most of you). Unfortunately however, I have crummy work hours and will be at work.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    The only thing I can offer is photography. But I also know a lot of tinfoil types are going to dislike the idea of a group of gun nuts getting together and a guy with a camera snapping shots. So I'm in, just let me know if I should bring a camera a not :)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The only thing I can offer is photography. But I also know a lot of tinfoil types are going to dislike the idea of a group of gun nuts getting together and a guy with a camera snapping shots. So I'm in, just let me know if I should bring a camera a not :)

Very generous of you. Since we are still just planning/discussing this; let me suggest what I've found most acceptable in other meet-ups I've attended.

Feel free to bring a camera or just use your cellphone for the odd photo now and then, but please don't be 'the photographer' and absolutely ask before posting any photo online of anyone that happens to be in focus. Fair enough?

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'm in like Flinn. Ill buy a large pizza to share when I get there. Probably about 5 as leaving from Towson at 4ish.

Trying to convince my brother to come.

Nice of Jailbreak to host. Maybe this is a silly question, but do they make regular beers? Some of us don't need ours infused with coffee, jalapeno peppers or citrus. A bock, porter, dopplebock or wheat is sufficient.

Also, this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xnc1p7BMk

Their current beer line up is here: http://jailbreakbrewing.com/our-beers/

It will most likely change a little by the time of the event. Big Punisher is probably their most "normal" beer. It is a great IPA. Dusk Til Dawn is fairly normal too even though its description would make you think it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom