Threading a barrel, or just replacing it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    High all, haven't been around in a while. So, now that I'm pretty much sure that I won't be moving back to the hell hole that is bridgeport ct, and instead I'm looking at Florida for school, and they're a 2a friendly state, I think I'm going to get a suppressor. I'm still a ways off on that part, but I figured I'd start with the research and planning part of it. One of the guns I'm lookin to quiet down is my 22/45, but it's a model without threads on it.

If it were a bunch of other models of guns, I'd be able to just order a new barrel, and do it at home, but this one I'll have to go through the whole background thing, and I just don't feel like it. Plus, most decent quality barrels I see are a bit pricey.

So, from a cost and effort perspective, would it be better to just get the barrel threaded and the front sight moved back a little, and go from there, or buy a whole new one, already threaded, from tac-sol or someone like that?

Thanks everyone!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Also, you might want to do the math and see if you'd be better off selling yours and buying a threaded model. Threading a barrel and moving the site back may be more expensive than a new barrel. That's the bitch about Ruger uppers, registered.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I bought my 22/45 already factory threaded. It was much easier than trying to get my M II done. Maybe you can do a trade in. The Threaded versions come with picatinny rails, top and bottom.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I hadn't even thought of that, thanks for the idea fellows. I'll talk to a couple of my local guys, see what I can get for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom