• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    With all ammo availability loosening up, I'm wondering if we really need to keep these threads going. Not trying to be a Dick, but 3 months ago ammo esp .22LR was still a little tight, but now not so much. Between online and gun shows over the last 2months, I've seen tons of everything.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    With all ammo availability loosening up, I'm wondering if we really need to keep these threads going. Not trying to be a Dick, but 3 months ago ammo esp .22LR was still a little tight, but now not so much. Between online and gun shows over the last 2months, I've seen tons of everything.

22lr is available. . Cheap 22lr is still a hot commodity though

Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    I hope that 40 isn't the norm now for plinking ammo. Im holding off of this til prices come down further...or quality ammo starts showing up

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Ammo Availability

It looks like tight ammo supplies will be with us for awhile longer.

This was posted on the CMP Forum today.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=124925

Orest
    Chief Operating Officer

Default CMP Sales update - 17 Dec 2013
    The following sales update email will be sent to all sales update subscribers tomorrow afternoon:

Excerpt section on ammunition:

AMMUNITION UPDATE. The CMP has been notified by ammunition manufacturers and distributors to expect price increases and significant delivery delays for all calibers of ammunition, especially for .22 rimfire. The price increases and delays apply to orders we have already placed with the manufacturers. Prior to 2013 CMP received deliveries of truckloads of ammo within a few weeks of placing orders. We are now being advised, as in the case of Aguila .22, that it may take several years to receive all of the 35,000,000 rounds of Aguila ammo we have on order.

As a result of this situation, CMP has placed orders with several different manufacturers for large amounts of ammunition in various calibers. We expect to receive only a few pallets at a time because manufacturers and distributors are rationing the ammo to their customers. As we receive ammo, we will contact customers with oldest orders already in place with the option to purchase whatever we receive at the new prices, cancel the order, or remain on the list for the manufacturer they originally requested. All price increases to CMP will be passed on to the customer. CMP will not be profiting from the increase in prices.

We will continue to accept orders for ammunition, with the understanding that the wait time for customers between placing an order and receiving the ammunition may be anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. Most other retailers are in the same situation as the CMP. We suggest that customers leave their CMP orders in place and not cancel until they are able to purchase ammo elsewhere. CMP customers will be contacted as to pricing and manufacturer before any orders are filled. We do not expect to have any additional information until after the annual SHOT Show in mid January, when we will meet with all of the ammo manufacturers.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    The only ammo not readily available is .22lr. I was down at Green Tops in VA on sunday and they had every caliber except the entire display of .22 was empty. Walmart on the eastern shore had a ton of ammo but no .22.

m3ltdown

Jul 16, 2012
    WV

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    Remington .22LR Thunderbolt HV 40gr 500/box -- $39.99 limit/1

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RT21241&src=tpSlrHm

CCI 22LR Standard Velocity 50 Rounds/Box -- $3.99 limit 10

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC0035&src=tpSlrHm

Remington 22 LR 33 gr Yellow Jacket TCHP 50/box -- $6.99 limit 5

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RT21074&src=tpSlrHm

Put 1 in my cart and it came up with $15.00 shipping to my address???

No thanks!

elbert

Aug 22, 2013
    here
    Put 1 in my cart and it came up with $15.00 shipping to my address???

No thanks!

If you buy 10 boxes of 50 rds CCI, shipping is still $15.

Add the one box of 500 rds of Thunderbolts (they are OOS on Yellow Jackets) with the CCI, shipping is $15.19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom