• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    How much does one of those things run? After,watching that video where they were unable to go through one tube without a failure, why would you even want one. The funny part is the bigger guy was still trying to say it would be useful as an hd gun, if you had some more practice.... Lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    How much does one of those things run? After,watching that video where they were unable to go through one tube without a failure, why would you even want one. The funny part is the bigger guy was still trying to say it would be useful as an hd gun, if you had some more practice.... Lol

Too much.

I shoot with a guy that has 2 KSG's, initially they barely would run a full magazine tube. He worked on them, shot the piss out of them, and the reliability improved notably.

However, every time he runs them at the range it's just a matter of time before something happens and they get cased for the day.

They're fun when they work, but I've been around vintage Fiat's that needed less 'tinkering' to get them to run.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

I had a chance to buy NIB for $850 not long ago.

I thought the thing felt $hitty in the shop and passed. My 1 smart move for the year.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Too much.

I shoot with a guy that has 2 KSG's, initially they barely would run a full magazine tube. He worked on them, shot the piss out of them, and the reliability improved notably.

However, every time he runs them at the range it's just a matter of time before something happens and they get cased for the day.

They're fun when they work, but I've been around vintage Fiat's that needed less 'tinkering' to get them to run.

so this is the lancia of shotguns....

i get the idea of the two tube shotty, but it seems a extended tube 500 or 870 would discharge 15 shots faster, including the reload.

after watching the video i can easily see how someone could shoot their hand off

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I really enjoyed my time shooting one, in all honesty. This one belongs to a friend and he loves it. The action was relatively smooth. YMMV

I'd rather have a Mossberg 590.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm glad I read this thread. Been jonesing for one, Now I think I'll pass...

Agreed. It was on my "maybe someday" wish list. I like the size and, for whatever reason, I really like the idea of being able to have different loads in the separate mags. But if they are poorly made, not reliable, AND let you blow your own hand off...I'm out.

Bummer.:sad20:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    On a freaking shotgun? Ok then, I don't see why people are complaining about the gun. Sounds like idiotic operator error to me.

Slide-firing pump-action shotguns has been around for 100 years (give or take), used to be pretty good at it with my Mossy 500 - 6 aimed rounds in less than 3 seconds. :)

Not such a good idea on a bullpup shotgun though, hand slips off the foregrip somehow and then your hand is right by or in front of the muzzle.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Wow.. Really glad I avoided a KSG. Chad has been saying they were crap since day one. I wish he was wrong but the man knows his guns. Thanks for saving me the hassle my friend, I like my hands :)

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Too much.

Lets not forget MG's and Triumph's but I still like them but the KSG seems to be more a problem then I need.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Lets not forget MG's and Triumph's but I still like them but the KSG seems to be more a problem then I need.

A fun gun, but not one I'd own (or pay asking price for) - much like vintage Italian and British cars. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom