• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I am building up a 16" AR-15 in .223 Wylde (i.e., can use both .223 Rem and 556 out of it). It probably will not be my home defense rifle since I am in the process of getting two SBR stamps, one of which will be .300 BLK, and the jury is still out on the cartridge I will use for the other one.

I'll probably use this rifle as a medium range rifle. With that said, I am debating between several different triggers.

Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger

http://geissele.com/hi-speed-national-match-match-rifle-trigger.html

JP's new roller trigger

http://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPFCP-1EZ-R

Timney's skeletonized trigger

http://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/timney-ar-15-skeletonized-replacement-trigger.aspx

I'm looking for something in the 2.5 to 3 pound range.

What do you guys think about the triggers I listed? Any other recommendations?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For home defense, I would go with a tuned factory trigger. I personally think it's an expense that is not needed. I want a long trigger for a home defense weapon.

YMMV

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    For home defense, I would go with a tuned factory trigger. I personally think it's an expense that is not needed. I want a long trigger for a home defense weapon.

YMMV

It probably will not be my home defense rifle. Going to build up two SBRs for home defense and will go with a heavier pull weight on them. Now, keeping anything "factory" just isn't in my blood. lol

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I have the Geissele SSA-E on my rifles. Love it. Very crisp trigger and unless you are competing, I'd recommend it. Not sure where you are but your welcome to try mine out.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have 2 Geissele triggers. An SSA-E and a B-GRF. The latter is sold only at Brownells. It is a good bit cheaper. I think I like it more than the SSA-E. It is a very light, fast trigger.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I have a Geissele Super Dynamic (2 stage) I really like in my "go to" SBR that I put several uppers on. I also have 2 Hiperfires, 24 3g and a 24c. Both single stage and both with 3 sets of adjustment springs. They are my favorites for single stage target and 3g. The ALG defense replacements are REALLY nice for an upgrades stock replacement trigger too.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have a Geissele Super Dynamic (2 stage) I really like in my "go to" SBR that I put several uppers on. I also have 2 Hiperfires, 24 3g and a 24c. Both single stage and both with 3 sets of adjustment springs. They are my favorites for single stage target and 3g. The ALG defense replacements are REALLY nice for an upgrades stock replacement trigger too.

Glad I started this thread. Did not think there would be another trigger to throw in the mix, much less one that I would prefer over the Geissele. However, I think I am going to give the Hiperfire Hipertouch 24C a go and see what it is like.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Factory or Geissele IMO. The other aftermarket triggers can result in light strikes, doubling, and complete failure if they get fouled. It's rare for a Factory FCG or a Geissele to fail. There's a reason the Army Marksmanship Unit doesn't use other companies triggers except Geissele.

I have seen way to many problems with other triggers to ever trust them for any use at all. They aren't even worth putting in a paper puncher because of the headaches they can give a user.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Factory or Geissele IMO. The other aftermarket triggers can result in light strikes, doubling, and complete failure if they get fouled. It's rare for a Factory FCG or a Geissele to fail. There's a reason the Army Marksmanship Unit doesn't use other companies triggers except Geissele.

I have seen way to many problems with other triggers to ever trust them for any use at all. They aren't even worth putting in a paper puncher because of the headaches they can give a user.

This man has never steered me wrong. He knows his stuff.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

If Hiperfire too new to be a proven design? Until this thread, I had never even heard of Hiperfire, but the triggers get some pretty good reviews. Of course, if they have only been around for a year or two, I'm not sure I want to be a guinea pig unless it is on a rifle I will not put my life on.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If Hiperfire too new to be a proven design? Until this thread, I had never even heard of Hiperfire, but the triggers get some pretty good reviews. Of course, if they have only been around for a year or two, I'm not sure I want to be a guinea pig unless it is on a rifle I will not put my life on.

Go Geissele. You will have a battle tested trigger that will make you smile when you pull it. There are enough varieties that you will find exactly what you want.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    I have one American Gold, two Geisselle SSA and SSA-E triggers. I really like the SSA-E but I actually prefer the SSA. The SSA-E is almost too light for my preference.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    In my AR-15s I have 4 SSA, 3 SSA-E and an SSA-SE, in the DPMS REPR I have an SSA-E and they all rock. Just can't go wrong with Geissele. Reliable, easy to install, they don't foul and the two stage pull on all of them is excellent.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Go Geissele. You will have a battle tested trigger that will make you smile when you pull it. There are enough varieties that you will find exactly what you want.

I have 2 Geissele Service Rifle triggers and 2 of their G2S. A future build in the planning stages will likely get a Hi-Speed Designated Marksman Rifle Trigger. I really like the range of adjustment possible with their higher end triggers but the wallet convinced me to try the G2S. I was not disappointed.

Nov 18, 2009
    I have a CMC 3.5lb flat trigger in my .223wylde build. I havent had any issues with it and the oull and break is great to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom