• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Is the law severable? So basically the court rewrites the law with the unconstitutional part removed?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Well, yes, it could be, if the test they adopt turns in part on how restrictive the limit is. For example, 10 rds is much more restrictive, especially with respect to handguns, than 20 is. I can't think of many standard mags for semiauto handguns of more than 20. Almost all (except the 1911s and other .45s etc), come in at between 10 and 20.

Only hg I can think of that can load 20/is fn five seven.

Is the legal battle covers only hg portion or does it include rifles as Inigoes said.. 30 for ar.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Is the legal battle covers only hg portion or does it include rifles as Inigoes said.. 30 for ar.

Magazine capacity, period

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well, yes, it could be, if the test they adopt turns in part on how restrictive the limit is. For example, 10 rds is much more restrictive, especially with respect to handguns, than 20 is. I can't think of many standard mags for semiauto handguns of more than 20. Almost all (except the 1911s and other .45s etc), come in at between 10 and 20.

AR and the AK variant pistols are on the Maryland Handgun Roster. If you go to any website on the internet, they will most likely be listed with a standard 30 round magazine capacity.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    AR and the AK variant pistols are on the Maryland Handgun Roster. If you go to any website on the internet, they will most likely be listed with a standard 30 round magazine capacity.
    Wasn't it added recently though?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Wasn't it added recently though?

AR pistols were on the handgun roster before FSA'13. After FSA'13 the were listed for LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY. It was later that some were approved for the general masses.

I have a screen shot of the handgun roster regarding AR pistols pre-FSA'13 that proves this... I'll look for it and post it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    AR pistols were on the handgun roster before FSA'13. After FSA'13 the were listed for LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY. It was later that some were approved for the general masses.

I have a screen shot of the handgun roster regarding AR pistols pre-FSA'13 that proves this... I'll look for it and post it.
    :thumbsup:. Thanks!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

I think you're confusing "AR pistols" with "Bushmaster pistols in particular". Different issue.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

As mentioned before, the standard AR magazine is 30. If I were fixin' to overthrow the government, I would dust off my AR, not my pistol. Not being argumentative, but why wouldn't the whole idea of a magazine capacity limit go out the window?

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The discussion finally got around to any semi automatic handgun, regardless of the magazine capacity, "let's take the magazine capacity out of the equation, would a semi-automatic handgun be constitutionally protected?"

Fader, reluctantly answered yes, with his new boss (Frosh) sitting at the table behind him.

Really a no win situation for Fader to be in.

That pretty much applies to the entire law if they're being honest about it.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think you're confusing "AR pistols" with "Bushmaster pistols in particular". Different issue.

The Bushmaster pistols are based on the AR platform... They are AR pistols and have standard 30 round capacity magazines.

Pre FSA'13 the Bushmaster C-15, Carbon 15, and Pit Viper Pistol were on the Maryland Handgun Roster.

Post FSA'13 They were banned as ASSAULT PISTOLS and only available US GOVT, ARMED FORCES, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT.

They are sold by Bushmaster with a standard 30 round capacity magazine, but in Maryland you had to purchase them with neutered 20 round magazines.

91020_XM15_Pistol.png

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Bushmaster pistols are based on the AR platform... They are AR pistols and have standard 30 round capacity magazines.
    But it wasn't all AR pistols, it was just the Bushmasters. That's because the assault pistols list has "Bushmaster pistol" on it, and some idiot recently didn't understand it was referring to the Gwinn Bushmaster pistol (which is not an AR-15 pistol at all), and instead thought it meant every pistol Bushmaster ever made. (Which is why you can't buy any Bushie rifles or pistols here anymore... idiocy.)

For example, the LWRC, Engage, LMT, and Radical guns are on there, with no such warning.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    But it wasn't all AR pistols, it was just the Bushmasters. That's because the assault pistols list has "Bushmaster pistol" on it, and some idiot recently didn't understand it was referring to the Gwinn Bushmaster pistol (which is not an AR-15 pistol at all), and instead thought it meant every pistol Bushmaster ever made. (Which is why you can't buy any Bushie rifles or pistols here anymore... idiocy.)

For example, the LWRC, Engage, LMT, and Radical guns are on there, with no such warning.

The point I was making is that there were AR based handguns on the Maryland Handgun Roster before FSA'13 that had >20 round capacity, but because of the Maryland magazine law we were limited to only 20 rounds.

IDK if this made it before FSA'13 (it was approved around that same time) but there is also the Kriss Vector with a standard magazine capacity of 25 rounds.

If the 10 round limit fails, 20 rounds should be out the window too.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

we need to do some digging and find out who is putting these overly broad interpretations in writting, and put some heat on the governor's office to fix the licensing division staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom