• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Dick's Sporting Goods is coming to FSK Mall, Frederick. Opening in Fall. 50,000 sq. ft.

They have never been a favorite of mine, but this location may come in handy.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I keep hoping to see a "Dick's Coming Soon!" sign when I drive by.

I do hope it won't be a fashion-plate-Dick's ... (yes, I'm lookin' at you, Columbia.) Given that it's attached to a mall, I ain't getting too excited.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

I do hope it won't be a fashion-plate-Dick's ... (yes, I'm lookin' at you, Columbia.) Given that it's attached to a mall, I ain't getting too excited.

Salisbury and Hunt Valley are both connected to malls and both sell firearms.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Easton is getting a big new Dick's this fall, too. Apparently Dick's is expanding... er, enlarging... er, ... becoming a bigger Dick's...

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I can vouch for the Bow Tech (hunting dept manager I think?) Ron, who's moving there from the Gaithersburg store. He took 1.5 hours of his time to outfit me with my first compound bow last year, helped me select arrows, muddle through what gear I needed and also what I actually didn't need, and never priced me up - in fact, he came in $50 under my proposed budget! He's good peoples... I'd gladly do the drive there from MoCo to use his expertise in the future. --JB

PS - oh, those in MoCo, Bryan, new to the GBurg store is decent too. Just had him mount and set up a new HHA 1 pin sight and realign my strings for me. Good peoples too!

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I was wishing Cabelas would open a store in Frederick or Hagerstown. A nice one like the Hamburg store, not like the DE store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's better than what we have now..."Sports Authority". Which no longer carries much in the way of hunting, shooting or fishing supplies. It will certainly be better than Wally Mart!

Unless it ends up being like the one in Columbia that carries NADA in hunting and fishing. I mean zilch, zero, not a thing for hunting and fishing. Have not really looked at the selection of hunting and fishing stuff at the Frederick Super Walmart, but I am guessing it isn't all that good. Now, when we stopped at the Super Walmart in Waldo, Florida, the selection of hunting stuff there was incredible compared to the other Walmarts I had been to. Selection of guns and ammo was pretty darn good too. Didn't have time to browse though because my wife and kids were in the truck as we were on the way to Tampa.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Once upon a time, the Dick's in Columbia actually had some hunting and fishing stuff. It was in the back right corner of the store. The Dick's in Wheaton Plaza has hunting and fishing stuff, and my brother actually found 9mm there during the "crisis". Asked my brother why Dick's in Wheaton has guns and ammo, and he said "because the gangsters need bullets."

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I was wishing Cabelas would open a store in Frederick or Hagerstown. A nice one like the Hamburg store, not like the DE store.

Cabelas in Maryland? That will happen about the same time Beretta expands in Maryland. They have no incentive to open a store here.

If Bass Pro wasn't here before 10/1/13 I'll bet they wouldn't have opened a store here.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Once upon a time, the Dick's in Columbia actually had some hunting and fishing stuff. It was in the back right corner of the store. The Dick's in Wheaton Plaza has hunting and fishing stuff, and my brother actually found 9mm there during the "crisis". Asked my brother why Dick's in Wheaton has guns and ammo, and he said "because the gangsters need bullets."

Been working in Columbia long enough to remember that ... airsoft, too ... along with the "no, seriously, we're still open!" signs during the renovation / hunting-lobotomy.

I really wouldn't mind a Cabela's in Gettysburg or York.

With all the crappy laws in this state, Dick's in Frederick is going to arrive pre-castrated. I'll bet they have plenty of spandex cycling shorts and official team-logo jerseys, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom